Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Center Hill Report

Fished the Mike Muncey tournament on center hill this past saturday night ( 08/25/07 ) out of the bridge at hurricane that ran from 6 p.m. till 8 a.m. the next morning. Water temp was 87.5 to 88 degrees about everywhere we went. We only put in on the big fish pot, even though there was a side pot for most weight. Only ended up with 5 fish for the night, 4 smallies between 2-2.5 lbs. apiece and a small ky. all caught before the BIG rain storm and electrical / light show....tough.. tough... tough... night. Soft plastics and a hair jig was the bait for the night on main channel points and main channel chunk rock banks (DEEP). We had the boat sitting in 45-50+ foot of water about all night, fish holding on and just off the bottom in 35+ foot of water. The big storm came through just before 10 p.m. and we took cover in a empty boat slip along with 3 other boats fishing in another tourney and waited it out till midnight. We left and fished till 4:45 a.m. in several more spots without another fish...or bite and was so tired and sleepy we called it a night and loaded the boat on the trailer. Can't hardly hold out for them all nighter tourneys anymore...sign of old age I guess...LOL... but I will admit it. After the storm was over it was a good cool time to fish, but couldn't hardly find anymore on the graph and the few we did locate had their mouth shut tight . Don't know who won it or any of the winning weights. Hope this bit of info helps you if you make it to the hill to try your luck as well. Tight lines and be safe out there on the water....283

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Center Hill Report

you did real well catching the few brown fish! I was gonna fish it but decieded not to. I assumed after the light show and rain, the fishing would improve. I quess I'm wrong again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Center Hill Report

283 --- thanks for making the post .....five fish on Center Hill is success in my book no matter how you look at it ...AND to have 4/5 as smallmouths is even better :-) .... I don't know how long it's been since I caught a smallie, must less 4 of them in the 2 - 2 1/2 range ..... we sure needed that rain Satruday night --- too bad it caught you on the H2O........ please remind me next year about that Mike Muncey Tourney; I think I could manage to stay up long enough for that one and make it through the next day with little or no sleep........ The weather hopefully is cooling down after those straight 16-18 days of 100 degrees+ .... take care and again, thanks for making a post which seems very difficult for most to do .... tight lines