Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dale Hollow Info needed

I have a small company day tourney sept. 8th out of star point marina on dale hollow and could use some help. I wish it was a night tourney due to the water and air temps right now, but some of the guys don't know the lake good enough to run it at night they said and to move it up later is out of the question due to deer season fixing to start with the ones that hunt. Don't want your honey holes...just looking where to find some large heads or kys. to bring in to the scales sure would be nice. If you can help a fellow angler out I would appreciate it. E-mail at rdyer@twlakes.net . Thanks for anything you can share my way ...283

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dale Hollow Info needed

283 -- don't hold your breath waiting for an email if you know what I mean..... Wish I could help but haven't been up there since May........ I'm sure you know the specific areas / creeks to try; but it would be nice to have an idea what's been working..... let us know how you come out...... tight lines

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dover View Post
    283 -- don't hold your breath waiting for an email if you know what I mean..... Wish I could help but haven't been up there since May........ I'm sure you know the specific areas / creeks to try; but it would be nice to have an idea what's been working..... let us know how you come out...... tight lines
    Yea Dover...I know what you mean. 40 something people took the time to read the post and only one response. Sort of like everybody posting a report when they go fishing...NOT. I guess I am different, if someone asks for info and I have been or can give them a Ideal or two on a area or what to throw or has worked for me I e-mail them privately and try to help them out. Different strokes for different folks I guess as they say. I WILL, however make a report good or bad when I return from the tourney unless my fingers are broken or my arm from a fish...LOL. Talk to you later...283

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Re: Dale Hollow Info needed

I think there's a reason most don't divulge info as much on Dale as other lakes.
    It can be a very tough lake if you don't know where to go and what to use.
    Once word gets out..it doesn't take long to have your areas pounded to $hi+!
    I've seen it with my own eyes and have even seen guides in my areas once the info was released.
    Not saying all are bad but, when it comes to that lake...it took me 40 years to learn what I've learned about it and that info will NOT be divulged.
    (maybe family members)
    I have also witnessed the "bent pole" syndrome down there also.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Dale Hollow Info needed

Quote Originally Posted by TEE View Post
    I think there's a reason most don't divulge info as much on Dale as other lakes.
    It can be a very tough lake if you don't know where to go and what to use.
    Once word gets out..it doesn't take long to have your areas pounded to $hi+!
    I've seen it with my own eyes and have even seen guides in my areas once the info was released.
    Not saying all are bad but, when it comes to that lake...it took me 40 years to learn what I've learned about it and that info will NOT be divulged.
    (maybe family members)
    I have also witnessed the "bent pole" syndrome down there also.
    Tee: Hey that's fine, well, and good if you will not help another angler out...no sweat. I understand where your coming from...but if YOU would have read my post CLOSELY I said I don't want your HONEYHOLES and that means places or as you quoted YOUR AREAS. I was wanting general information like a pattern what is working right now and maybe even the bait to throw what is working best up there right now would be great as well. Everybody don't have the luxury of fishing it alot to learn the places to go, but that wasn't what I was asking for and if you fish much at all you learn after a few years what to look for and how to find those places that hold fish with patterns that is currently working. Dale Hollow is a big lake, and I know it gets pounded from one end to the other and has been for several years, but I don't think it will go dry with the fish I catch out of it when I do go. Hope YOU and YOUR FAMILY catch A BUNCH when you go though.

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't referring to me dude...I have no clue on this time of year.
    Just givin' some facts about Dale info.