Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Old Hickory today

Hello, I am new this site. I see not very many people post on here. But hopefully I can get some people to respond. I am the kind of guy who really has no problem sharing were I catch my fish or what I fish with. Anyway. I have been fishing grass almost everyday for the past month. And I cannot get even a bite hardly. I just keep fishing it cause I enjoy it. But today I went out and fished a little deeper. I don't have a depth finder right now so I just troll with a crank till I find a drop. I ran it to one about 12ish today and through down a buoy. First cast I hooked myself a 3 1/2 4 pounder. (was about 7-10 ft.) I was shaking. I have not cought a fish like that in quite a while. but I could not get anything els out of there at all. So I moved around more shallow and cought 3 more on a silver rattle trap. They were about a pound or a little over. Then I went to find more drops and I cought a nice one trolling. But I could not find the drop so I am guessing it was a stump or something. I am catching them on the shore with a buzzbait and popper also. They are sitting right on the shore, not even a foot of water. It's crazy.

So anyone want to share anything with me? Has anyone been catching them in the grass at all?

Also, does anyone know anything about the stink hole by saunders ferry park? A guy took me there once and I cought some monsters. But I cannot figure out where it is. I know about where it is. I cannot wait till I get a depth finder. I am going to tear them up.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Old Hickory today

Josh...Welcome to the site. We don't get alot of activity or reports here on the Tn. board like the ky. board unfortunately, but we are still hoping people will share their good times and bad on the water with us or just chat. I live east of you around Cookeville and usually fish center hill and dale hollow and occassionally cordell hull. I use to fish in a club down your way that encluded old hickory and priest and a few up in my neck of the woods as well. On the hich, I usually would put in at flippers and head straight to spencer creek or the one across from it on the main channel called station camp is about the only area (besides the steam plant in the winter time ) that I have fished. There is some good grass in the back of spencer creek on the left bank as you go back out and the riff/raft bank by the bridge or road has put some pretty good fish over the rail for me as well. Seems like you are pretty familiar with the baits like the rattle trap and all...but I like to flip a blueberry or blue flake worm around also. As far as the stink hole... I have never heard of it, but it sounds like a good place. Hang in there, I am sure you will come up with a depth finder pretty soon by the sound of your zeal and enthusasim of your post. Again THANKS for your post and keep us informed on the fishing in your neck of the woods when you go. Tight lines and be safe out there on the water...283

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Old Hickory today

Well, Here is an update. My dads boss just bought a new depth finder today. It's one of the expensive horizontal ones. Now he can find stumps like crazy. Today he just went from stump to stump and caught about 20 bass. Wish I had 1500 bucks to blow on a depth finder lol.