Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

USA BASSIN KY-1 Twin Lakes

Will Know more on the Regional Tournaments After we get back from the Classic. The lakes are not set just yet. But I am looking forward to starting up this Fall Tournaments should be a lot of Good fish caught. If any body needs info You Can Call me at (270)535-5774cell or home (270)286-4002 E-Mail weld1482@yahoo.com John Newton
    KY Twin Lakes
    USA Bassin Director

Post Thanks / Like

Re: USA BASSIN KY-1 Twin Lakes

Hey Newton,

Twin lakes, isn't that KY and Barkley lakes? If so, where can I get a schedule? Also, where can I get the info. on the trail?

I've not competed in a tournament in a long time because of my back, but would really like to get back into it.

Thanks,

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Hey Newton,

Twin lakes, isn't that KY and Barkley lakes? If so, where can I get a schedule? Also, where can I get the info. on the trail?

I've not competed in a tournament in a long time because of my back, but would really like to get back into it.

Thanks,

Danny

Sorry Newton, I just saw you previous post and see you are referring to rough and nolin as the twin lakes. Sorry, just never heard of them referred to that way, but can understand it in geographical relationship.

I hope you understand my confusion.

Thanks,

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Hey John, any news on the # of boats for the classic?? Rumor is that it is up around 250. I am headed down Thursday morning for a little prefishing, i would say that it is going to be busy on the lake. Are you fishing the classic?? I sure hope they have a big ramp down there, if not we will be waiting a while to put in and to get started, maybe i will get lucky and get a low take off #!!

Post Thanks / Like

There is 225 paid Today is the last day all Classic form have to be post marked Sept.10 to get in to the classic.There could be 10to 15 more. Bill & I are going down around 1 or 2 pm Wed. afternoon. Going to try a little night fishing while were there.

Post Thanks / Like

hey guys good luck at the classic,work is not going to let me go due to a vac.scedule problem.Be careful a buddy of mine who is fishing down there went 3 weeks ago and one of the locals said that it is rough on motors and boats beacause it is so low lots to hit.My buddy had borrowed a boat and he didn't even put it in.it will be crowded to say the least it was dropping about 4 ft per week he said by tournament time it could 35 to 40ft lower than normal according to the locals.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I wish I could head down tomorrow. I am headed down Thursday afternoon. I will only get to pre-fish one day, but I guess it is better than nothing. It looked like they have gotten a little rain down there in the past few days so hopefully the water will even out and stop dropping so much. I heard that the lake has been fishing really well though so alot of boats should have 5 fish with some big uns being caught. Just hope that I can get lucky and get a few and at least have a respectable finish.