Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dale Hollow report 09/08/07

Fished in a small company tourney this past saturday out of star point marina from 5 a.m. till 12 noon. Water temp has fallen off some to what it has been to 83 degrees. The corp is really pulling the water at the dam leaving alot of bank exposed as well. We didn't have a keeper fish to weigh in with along with 4-5 other boats. I did landed a good slot fish smallie measuring 20 1/2 inches, just shy of a keeper and a 10 inch ky. was all the fish that went over my boat rail. I did have another good one on, but came unbuttoned before we could get her in to net her. First place team had a mixed bag of spots and large heads 4 fish total alittle over 6 lb. and won big fish as well with a 2+lb. large head. Second place with 2 a couple of spots alittle over 1 1/2 pounds. Laydowns and stumps in the water (if you could find them) seemed to be holding most fish everybody caught. No top water bite today, tried cranks and jigs as well with bites and a few fish coming in on soft plastics. Be careful if you are out on the hollow fishing especially at night. Several points on the main channel shallower than what they have been with some humps barely under the water with the draw down . Be safe and tight lines out there...283

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dale Hollow report 09/08/07

Glad you did OK....don't take my other post to heart
    If you need info for fall or spring...shoot me an e-mail.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TEE View Post
    Glad you did OK....don't take my other post to heart
    If you need info for fall or spring...shoot me an e-mail.
    Thanks I appreciate it. No problems here on the other post ...Like I said on the honeyholes... I don't want anyone to disclose their spots and feel uncomfortable about it in doing so. I too have fished between center hill and dale hollow for over 40 years and understand what you were saying on them about you can't tell everybody or "it want be the honey hole long." But with a pattern or a bait I can usually put something together after awhile. You know the old saying..." A blind hog steps on a acorn every once in awhile>>>LOL. Thanks again for the offer...283

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be headin' down aound October/November timeframe...lemme' know if I can help or even hook up
    Peace

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

283 --- I say if you can put any over the rail especially the way the weather has been lately you are doing good...... I think I may have a chance to hit CH this weekend and hopefully this "Cold" spell has helped.... heard the H2O temp at CH is around 82/83 and once it goes below 80, things should pick up considerably and most definitely after it goes below 70..... I'll make a post after the trip and hopefully can help others out which seems to be the exception at least on this website....... tight lines