Search Fishin.com

Thread: Albino Doe

Post Thanks / Like

Albino Doe

I had a true Albino buck (4 pointer) that frequented my farm the year before last before he was killed on a neighbors farm. Kids saw an Albino doe this morning cross the road by our farm on the school bus.What's so unusual is they are not piebalds but pure white with pink eyes.I know they are supposed to be culled to protect the herd,but they sure are neat to look at. The buck is stuffed in a full body mount and sits in Howards Place restaurant in Falmouth,Ky
    If any of you ever fish Kincaid Lake stop by and see it,I'll try and get a tree cam of the doe and post it.
    Glenn P.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Albino Doe

WOW I wonder what the odds are on having two in one area, here in south east Barren County about 6 years ago there was a big buck that had a lot of people running a little scared, seemed this thing had at least 12 points with a very wide spread. and was snow white no one ever got close enough or harvested him to see if he was an albino, unless some one has poached him or he died of natural causes he has not been seen in at least 2 years now. Another thing that made this such a strange deer was in that part of the county there are very few deer at all, in fact all the way up untill the early 90s there were no deer in that part of the county. Some just called him the ghost, there was one shed found while a guy was plowing in the spring. It had 9 normal points and one turned nontypical, longest tine to base was around 26 inches the best they could tell there had been a lot of rodent damage to it. so if you get a photo of the doe make sure to send it to the magzines too.