Search Fishin.com

Thread: Barren Tourney?

Post Thanks / Like

Barren Tourney?

Anyone know what tournament is fishing on Barren this weekend, and where they are going out of? Several boats came into town last night.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Barren Tourney?

BFL super tourney, both sat and sun. not sure which ramp, somewhere around 125 boats or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy, I can't wait.

/Rant on

Whatever tournament went out of the state park last weekend had at least three boats with knuckleheads in them. On three separate occasions last weekend, I got cut off while fishing some points and other structure. Here's a couple of rules for all you guys that think you own the lake just because you're in a tournament.

Rule 1

You wave the right to be pi$$ed off at me when you pull your boat ten yards (no exaggerations, I have a witness) in front of me and I cast my C rig in front of YOUR boat. If this happens, you have cut me off. Please be more considerate next time. Also, since you have already cut me off, go ahead and keep fishing, don't jack around in your boat fiddling with your gear only to have me get off my trolling motor so I don't run into you. You cut me off for a reason, go ahead and fish j@ck@$$....

Rule 2

Your throttle actually works between idle and wot. Be considerate and try not to blow by guys in a cove at 50 mph. If I saw you fishing in a cove, I would idle by you before bringing my boat up on plane.

Rule 3

If you see a guy taking your picture, smile. It's me taking your picture. Assume you have broken Rule 1 or 2, or maybe you are such a genius that you've found another way to give tournament fisherman a bad name.

/Rant off

I am aware that the majority of tournament fishermen do NOT act this way, so if you see crap like this happening, call them on it. If I see them, they are going up on my website.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle View Post
    Oh boy, I can't wait.

/Rant on

Whatever tournament went out of the state park last weekend had at least three boats with knuckleheads in them. On three separate occasions last weekend, I got cut off while fishing some points and other structure. Here's a couple of rules for all you guys that think you own the lake just because you're in a tournament.

Rule 1

You wave the right to be pi$$ed off at me when you pull your boat ten yards (no exaggerations, I have a witness) in front of me and I cast my C rig in front of YOUR boat. If this happens, you have cut me off. Please be more considerate next time. Also, since you have already cut me off, go ahead and keep fishing, don't jack around in your boat fiddling with your gear only to have me get off my trolling motor so I don't run into you. You cut me off for a reason, go ahead and fish j@ck@$$....

Rule 2

Your throttle actually works between idle and wot. Be considerate and try not to blow by guys in a cove at 50 mph. If I saw you fishing in a cove, I would idle by you before bringing my boat up on plane.

Rule 3

If you see a guy taking your picture, smile. It's me taking your picture. Assume you have broken Rule 1 or 2, or maybe you are such a genius that you've found another way to give tournament fisherman a bad name.

/Rant off

I am aware that the majority of tournament fishermen do NOT act this way, so if you see crap like this happening, call them on it. If I see them, they are going up on my website.....
    Would love to have your website address. So you don't break any rules, you may want to either email me at curioustr21@yahoo.com, or send me a PM here.

Thanks,

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

I am aware that the majority of tournament fishermen do NOT act this way, so if you see crap like this happening, call them on it. If I see them, they are going up on my website.....[/QUOTE]

IF your site is dedicated to outing RUDE fishermen, then I will on this one occasion allow you to post the address. I feel that such a site might just be a service to all fishermen. It might even make us think a little before we do things in the future..
    IF it is just a Part of the site and you actually do things like articles, reports and discussion forums please do not post.
    OR send me the address and I will check it out first.

Jim Dicken
    Jimd072@aol.com

Post Thanks / Like

I would like the address as well, cause I could sure add a few picture's of some really rude Tournament fishermen.

Post Thanks / Like

A few bad apples guys...I had a guy on KY fishing with his 2 young kids try to fight me because he came up on me fishing a spot I had been on for about 2 hours..and he obviously thought he owned it..I had muskie anglers hit the side of my boat on green with a 12 inch plug while fishing a creek only big enough for one boat ..it goes both ways..tourn guys get a bad rap sometimes because there are so many of them on the lake..when you get that many boats on any body of water..there are going to be a few aholes...I would be more concerned about a guy just out pleasure fishing trying to fight me or hit my boat with a 2 lb muskie plug..

Post Thanks / Like

**** ! ! ! I thought you were just taking my picture cause I was pretty....