Search Fishin.com

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

CH - 15/16 September 2007

Fished Center Hill Saturday and Sunday.... Fished the mid-lake Saturday, 6am-1pm with a buddy....caught 8 spots from 1lb-3lbs and 1 pound and a half crappie.... we both threw topwater and tandom silver willow-bladed spinnerbaits along 45 degree chunk rock banks and on main lake points... water temp got up to 79.7 degrees..... wind was working for us on Saturday even with a chop on the water at 6am...... went again today by myself on Sunday from 7am-12pm and tried the same presentations but got nadda' -- water temp was generally the same..... thought a topwater bite would be the ticket with a slight overcast up until about 10am but didn't get a sniff :-( ......changed up tactics a little and went halfway back into the mid-lake creeks and threw a silver 1/4 ounce rattletrap into the shad I saw that were bunching up on top of the water..... caught a total of 4 spots doing such in two different creeks.... the weather this weekend seemed like we went from summer directly into fall without a transition.....both days had to have a windbreaker when running the lake and especially first thing both mornings..Sunday morning was 48 degrees when I launched......just a week earlier I was out in shorts and a t-shirt -- think those days are about gone until next year.....water level seems stable considering the latest news from the Corps who say they are getting ready to drop the bottom out of the lake --I hope not....tight lines and it's ony gonna' get better from now til X-mas.......
    Last edited by Dover; 09-16-2007 at 04:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CH - 15/16 September 2007

Dover...Sounds like you guys torem up and was on the fish pretty good saturday and not bad by yourself on sunday by center hill standards, at least with my luck when I go down there anymore. Congrats on a banner day saturday and sunday. That sb bite is good down there when there is a little "chop" on the water if that's what the fish is own right then it can be a blast. But that's the hill...feast of famine from one day to the next as you know. You said you pitched a rattletrap on sunday...just wondering if you tried a spoon for the school of shad. Probably ain't cold enough yet for that trick...but wait until nov-dec. if the corp don't screw it up AGAIN this year like last when they sucked the bottom out of it.
    I was wondering the other day if the minnows and fish have started to go back in the creeks yet this year with the drop in the temps, both air and water should be pulling them off them main lake points...and out of that deep water, back alittle shallow in the creeks. It is getting about time if that is the case to start throwing them cranks like that old bandit 200 in that shad color up shallow.
    You are correct again about the weather as well...straight into fall, but I am ready for alittle cooler weather. I will have to remember to stick the sweat shirt and coveralls in the rod locker for sure so I don't get out there and be caught without the right clothes. My brother always says he rather have them and NOT need them as to NOT have them and want them....LOLOL...been there and done that too.
    Thanks for taking time to make the post and let EVERYBODY else know what's going on down at the hill. Tight lines and be safe out there on the water.