Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Barren Hybrid fishing

Has anyone been having any luck lately at Barren fishing for Hybrids? I took my son and nephew yesterday before dark and had no luck at all. We were using Red fins mostly.

Thanks for any help,
    DA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Barren Hybrid fishing

Word on the streets is that the Stripes are jumping again in the evening on the big H... plan on getting out there soon myself. I normally rip a 1/4oz kastmaster w/ a bucktail trailer or enjoy walkin the sammy right in the middle. Trick is to use a a heavy enough bait you can cast a mile, so you don't get too close to the jump, but a light enough rod that you don't jerk the bait out after they hit it. Me personally I throw 1/4oz baits on 6lb test and and a light rod when targeting these bad boys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWading24 View Post
    Word on the streets is that the Stripes are jumping again in the evening on the big H... plan on getting out there soon myself. I normally rip a 1/4oz kastmaster w/ a bucktail trailer or enjoy walkin the sammy right in the middle. Trick is to use a a heavy enough bait you can cast a mile, so you don't get too close to the jump, but a light enough rod that you don't jerk the bait out after they hit it. Me personally I throw 1/4oz baits on 6lb test and and a light rod when targeting these bad boys.
    Many thanks.

We are going to try them again this weekend. I hope to have better luck than we have had in the past few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

AJ do you ever fish Green River (The River) for musky?

DA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greenriverman1 View Post
    AJ do you ever fish Green River (The River) for musky?

DA
    Haven't actually ventured on to that one to try it. I want to, and if i felt the least bit confident in what i was doing there i probably would give it a try. Most of my Musky have been on a little bit larger river. Not taking anything away from the green, i know that they are in there, i just am not real sure as to where to go and how to approach that situation. I have also heard good things about the Smallies in the green. I would also be interested in that.

With you being 'greenriverman1' you have any spots or tips to throw me for getting into those fish on that flow? drop me an email or pm, thanks.