Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool UMF... Boyd's Ethics FANTASTIC

How many of you saw UMF last night??

How cool was it that when Kelly Jordan pulled up on his sweet spot with only 9 minutes left in his period, and caught 20 lbs in those nine minutes. Then the boat control went back to Boyd Duckett. Instead of staying right there on that hot spot, he moved. He said if he wins, or loses, he wants to do it on his own spot.

For $50,000, I've been trying to figure out if I would have done that? Of course I don't have the same bank account Boyd does, but still.... what would you all do? I want to say that I would have done the same thing Boyd did.

Should be fun to see the answers to this one!!

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Re: UMF... Boyd's Ethics FANTASTIC

I saw it, an extremely classy guy and the epitomy of sportmanship. That how I would have done it if I want to earn the respect of my peer. Oh yeah, sponsorship played a big part on his thinking too I thought. Unlike that punk Luke Clausen, wonder how many sponsors he lost after all the schits he pulled. Even if my best friend intentionally caused me to go in the water, I'd make sure he goes in too. And I lost a big fish in the process, I think he would have sore jaws for several days.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have gone on to my spots as well, if I had some that would be sure to produce big fish. But like Boyd said...His spots are holding big fish as well and anything can happen on KY Lake..... Just a magical sweet spot that Jordan knows about and that spoon is his go to bait.....

Post Thanks / Like

I fell asleep waiting for it to come on, will catch the rerun. Who ended up winning, the way it sounds, it must of been Jordan.

Post Thanks / Like

They did not announce the winner because they had a twist to the final round. They fished the four quarters, but they were each only an hour long, then they got a two hour "happy hour" type thing in their own boats with only cameras following them. That second part will be shown next week. At the end of the first show, KJ had a nice limit of about 20 lbs, and Boyd Duckett only had three fish so far.

I'm really looking forward to the ending to see how it works out.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

So how many of you find yourself looking at the background trying to figure out just where Kelly is fishing? Count me as 1 and I know there are more of you out there. Just about bet Dave Stewart knows exactly where the cast were made. Don't know if Dave carry's around one of those big spoons or not but do think he knows the spot. Great class by Boyd and it really puts in perspective at how fascinating the spot is when Boyd just stands there and watches the action, just like Larry Nixon did in the previous round when Jordan hit the same spot. Talking about a Honey Hole, this is a Honey Pond for fish on every cast are being caught and BIG FISH at that. Boyd has his work cut out for him to come back and win.

Post Thanks / Like

Never fished the Lake before in my life , but will be next weekend in a small club tournament. Now wouldn't that be nice to find a honey hole like that on a first time visit to the lake. Man would I be hooked on Ky. Lake for life.

Danny you and I would probably become permanent fishing partners when you finally move down there for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Boyd is definately a class act that you don't see much of anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Its not to hard to get with a 1/4 mile or so of the spot, just watch the episode real close . However, you have to bear in mind that they shot that in may when the fish first pulled out on the ledges, and there are a ton of ledges that will cough up 20lbs that time of year....just maybe not in 9 minutes LMAO.

Post Thanks / Like

After hearing you guys talk about the show I broke down and subscribed to the outdoor channel. LOL. So far it's been pretty good. I recorded UMF last night on the DVR and hope to finish watching it tonight after work. At the beginning they weren't catching much at all...but I only saw the first ten minutes. 20lbs in 9 minutes wow, can't wait to see that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzzking View Post
    Its not to hard to get with a 1/4 mile or so of the spot, just watch the episode real close .

Just from my limited experience on KY lake, I think I am able to get within a 1/4 mile. Guess limited experience isn't bad if it is in the right spot. But then again, I am not Kelly Jordan and could probably throw that stupid looking spoon right on top of his and never get a hit

Post Thanks / Like

That is pretty classy of Boyd. However, I would at least have to make a few casts if I just watch someone pull up 20#'s in around 10 minutes. I fish Ky lake several times a week, and it isn't often I find a spot like that.