Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok here is a funny at MY Expense

http://one.revver.com/watch/402628/flv/affiliate/98446

I do a video on HOW NOT TO TIE ON A LURE...
    Go ahead laugh at my expense..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ok here is a funny at MY Expense

I've done something almost as crazy. I tied on a spinner bait, cut the tag end and then threw the spinner bait over the side of the boat. Raised my rod to start fishing and no spinner bait on the line. I had cut the main line, not the tag end and then threw the spinner bait overboard. So now I cut the tag end and leave the bait inside the boat just in case my eye sight plays tricks on me again, as to which line I cut......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    I've done something almost as crazy. I tied on a spinner bait, cut the tag end and then threw the spinner bait over the side of the boat. Raised my rod to start fishing and no spinner bait on the line. I had cut the main line, not the tag end and then threw the spinner bait overboard. So now I cut the tag end and leave the bait inside the boat just in case my eye sight plays tricks on me again, as to which line I cut......
    I thought I was the only one that did "stupid" things like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Its Happened More Than Once To Me.lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, did it myself and of course it was my last one and it was what they were hitting that day.

Post Thanks / Like

my partner caught a catfish and had to use my needle nose to get the crankbait out,while admiring a nice whiker lips he threw my pliers in the lake and was still holding the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Not too bad with lures, but i bought an anchor once and my buddy tossed it in the lake while holding the anchor line in his other hand,he just did'nt attach it. I don't buy anchors anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't fish Tournaments at all but have fished for 50 years 2 years ago my son and I fish a tournament his company put on. Within 10 minutes of starting I catch a bass that weighed about 4 lbs on a buzzbait. i pull it up we look it over and I THROW it overboard. My son looks at me and laughs & says what to hell are you looking for a bigger one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we did win by the way $50.00. hell we spent that much on beer...

Post Thanks / Like

We were fishing a tournament at Cumberland and i had just caught a nice bass (1/2 oz jig) out of the tree tops. I go to pitch another tree and the rod jumped out of my hands due to the line being buried in my reel, but i caught the rod. I told my buddy to check this out and demonstrated exactly what just happened but i never did dig the line out so i pitched it out and this time the rod jumped out of my hand and into the lake. The rod was a 7ft loomis and the reel was a Calcutta so was stressing to say the least. We fished it out about 20 minutes later by casting hooks and baits all around the spot it went over. He caught it on the rod tip and man i was relieved!

Post Thanks / Like

Why do new line clippers jump overboard? Every time I get a new pair, bam, to the bottom they go. Opened the package of a new pair made one cut laid them down, set the hook on a small bass and my clippers jumed in, lol. Also cutting the main line instead of the tag happens to me more than I like, I think I need glasses or something. Also why is it that when you get ready to move spots and the only thing you forget to secure is that last package of hot plastic baits, the only thing getting bit on, that goes flying by you as you come up on plane. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Glad I could give everyone a good laugh... and that I am not totally alone in my aging mistakes.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

This spring while fishing in a Tournament at Nolin. We were allowed to keep one slot fish per man in the boat. We caught two slot fish about 12 inches long and had two over 15" in the boat. Our brains weren't working very well that morning and my partner caught a nice fat fish. We were sure it was over 15" and my partner measured the fish and (Dang) only 14 7/8's. My partner then threw the fish over board...I about died just then, I said man we could have up graded one of our slot fish with that nice fish. Total brain lock, on our parts...About 30 minutes later I catch another 14 1/2 incher. I measure the fish stating that it is just under the 15" limit. I do exactly as my partner did and threw the fish over board as well. Just then we both realized what I had just done...We didn't do it once we did it twice within an hour. anyway we continued to upgrade the two slots finally and also wound up with a 6 fish limit for the tourney and won .