Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for Honest Reports Dave Stewart

Dave-

Wanted you to know how much I appreciate the honesty of your fishing reports! I live about 4 hours from Barkley and with the price of gas need to focus my trips to periods where the fish are more active. I'm suppose to be coming down next Friday morning but you can believe that I will be reading your report on Thursday night before I make my final call.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thanks for Honest Reports Dave Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    Dave-

Wanted you to know how much I appreciate the honesty of your fishing reports! I live about 4 hours from Barkley and with the price of gas need to focus my trips to periods where the fish are more active. I'm suppose to be coming down next Friday morning but you can believe that I will be reading your report on Thursday night before I make my final call.
    Honesty....that's Dave's biggest trait. Whether you like what he says or not...It's an honest answer. You can't help BUT respect anyone for that.
    That separates him from a lot of folks.
    He takes a lot of crap sometimes and let's it roll off his back.
    Billy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind words. I just try to tell it like it is in my reports from the information I have. My reports of course are a reflection of what has happened over the previous days since my last report and things can change for the good or the bad on the days following my report...it happens sometimes...but at least I figure my reports will folks a good starting place for patterns and the mood of the fish.
    I have read a lot of reports that tend to only say the fishing is good every time they are written....I have never seen the fishing good all the time...nor bad all the time..lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveStewart View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. I just try to tell it like it is in my reports from the information I have. My reports of course are a reflection of what has happened over the previous days since my last report and things can change for the good or the bad on the days following my report...it happens sometimes...but at least I figure my reports will folks a good starting place for patterns and the mood of the fish.
    I have read a lot of reports that tend to only say the fishing is good every time they are written....I have never seen the fishing good all the time...nor bad all the time..lol.

Dave,

You are exactly right. I tend to post the good, that's why I don't post that often about my fishing...LOL. Too many bad trips too!!!

I think we are all intelligent enough here to know that everyone gets out fished now and again. I remember the story you told me about the time you got hood winked into fishing a tournament with a client, something you don't do as a practice.

Now everyone should know, Dave told me he was ready to pass on the day's hire, unless the rest of the club agreed it was OK for him to fish with his client/partner in the tournament.

Dave was telling me they didn't finish in the money that particular tournament. Proves he is human, and honest. I'll be the first to say I tend to catch a lot of fish when fun fishing, but when I am in a tournament, I get a really bad smell attached to me often, in fact that smell is kind of like a pole cat.... a skunk. LOL

BTW, Dave did say they would have won the tournament if his client/partner had been able to handle a net better!!! I know it sounds like maybe I was his client, but I wasn't.

The whole moral to this story is that WE all get out fished every now and then.

I've been trying to remember what the Lindners say, the fish are always biting somewhere in the lake, it is just finding them that makes all the difference. Dave has helped me with instruction the one time I hired him, and I still follow much of his advice.

Dave is a good guy to fish with because he will ultimately leave you with an education if you pay attention. Add the knowledge he imparts to that which you have learned first hand, through fishing shows, and fishing magazines, and you continue to become a better fisherman.

Thanks again to Dave.... I think we can all agree that he is a help to this board.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

What a nice thing to say danny.

Post Thanks / Like

Danny: I was not referring to your reports...or anyone else's here...I was referring to those of us that write weekly reports for the lakes on the reports pages here and other sites...I should have clarified that. My reports are made up of information of that is gathered in my boat and reports that I get from my network. It takes two like reports of a pattern or lure to be working, (unless done in my boat) from a reliable resource before it goes into my report. That is what makes my report accurate. This past week overall was a tough week here...in my boat and in all the reports I received from my network. All the tournament results reflected the same. I would have been amiss to write anything other than what it was. The key word here is "overall". I did have one very good day this past week...but the rest of the week it was slow..so..my report reflected a slow bite. One day type reports like we see on the board here are certainly helpful to us all, especially if they contain pertinent lure and pattern information. Your certainly correct in that any of us can have a good or bad day on the water on any given day...that is just fishing.
    Last edited by Dave Stewart; 09-23-2007 at 06:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dave,

I did not think that you were referring to me.

I was merely trying to back up the good things said about you. I do still use much of the information you gave me as we idled out and we talked about how to find fish. I have yet to fish any of the spots we talked about on the water, or the spots we discussed after we were in looking at my map.

That's my fault. I just wanted to see if I could take what you imparted to me about finding fish, and do it myself.

I am very sincere in my belief that your reports and your added information about fishing are very beneficial to all of us that participate on this board.

I hope I did not offend you in anyway, that was certainly not my intent.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Buzz,

Hey, didn't you say you moved to Hopkinsville? Have you been out fishing much? If you ever want to do some fishing, get in touch. I'd much rather be out fishing today than watching this FLW tournament.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

As redneck points out, I respect a man giving the straight skinny and telling me like it is. Be it a fishing report or whatever else. Calling it like you see it sounds easy, but in fact it's a difficult thing to do.

Post Thanks / Like

I live on Ky lake, and I never hit the water without checking Dave's report. Personally I enjoy the "slow fishing" reports. When I do good on those weeks I feel I have accomplished something. I have people that call me often wanting to know what is catching them - I always refer them to Dave's report. I don't know what I would do without them.