Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Is it that time??

With the ever increasing numbers of Hollywood People attacking our favorite sport, (AKA Alicia Silverstone and her Nude ads for a certain anti fishing and hunting organization?) is it time to start boycotting these people?
    After all they want to take our freedoms.
    Our freedom to fish, to hunt, to bear arms etc.
    They care more about animals than people..
    Is it time to say that if they are going to take sides and use their celebrity to promote an agenda that is detrimental to our freedoms that we will no longer support them?
    After all they get publicity and money from knocking us..
    Is it time to send Hollywood a Business lesson.. that fishermen and hunters buy movies and music too?
    This may bet deleted, but I had to ask.
    I personally try to stay away from movies and music produced by people that try very hard to deny my rights to hunt and fish.
    I hope others will start to do that too.
    Jim Dicken

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is it that time??

I agree with you, but I personally don't feel any need to boycott PETA's backers like Alicia Silverstone, or Pamela Anderson, or Sir Paul McCartney. Paul hasn't done anything interesting in 30 years, and neither Alicia nor Pamela have ever made a dime off me in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like

What??? You can't be serious!! You really want me to stop watching Pamala Anderson!!! I am not that old yet!!

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like

Who's Paul McCartney and Pamela Anderson anyway....lol.... Neither one or the other person are of any importance to me and never will be.....

Post Thanks / Like

HA HA HA LOL Grumpy that was funny--

Post Thanks / Like

Does this mean I have to dump A-silv? ( pet name )

Post Thanks / Like

Jim,

I know you and I fight often, but that just keeps things interesting.

I actually agree whole heartedly with you. I wish you had included email address in your message so we could send our thoughts to these people.

It's just like Uma Thurman. At least I think it was her. She said she disagreed with all of America's politics and policeys, so she chose to live in Londong. Fantastic, then quit making movies in America and trying to make money in a country you have such disagreement with!!!

Let's put an end to these celeberties thinking they know more about something just because they are famous.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Jim, I was caught coming off a public hunting area back in the late 80s after there was a dove shoot, there were a lot of shots fired but very few doves imagine that lol. well when we all went to our trucks there were 15 to 20 PETA freaks and vegheads with cameras and bull horns and the whole shabang. A lot of them had signs and they tried to stop us and make us give up the game we had taken and they were going to try to make a video for a protest spot for TV. Well I first thought boy these folks are as brave or as dumb as it gets or a little brave and a hell of alot dumb. You going up to bubba and demand that he throws away part of that nights supper because he was mean and inhumane, all while bubba has got a 12 gauge in his hand.then one of the greatest moments in time occured. an older gentleman, I am guessing in his 60s walked over to the crowd of protesters and started shaking their hands and introduced himself and ask if they would give him just ten minutes of their time and at the end of that time they were of the same mind he would bury his few birds right there on the spot, but with one rule if he found them guilty of animal cruelty they had to get in their cars and leave. Well he walked up to a young woman of 24 or so and she was wearing some very nice hiking shoes and a black belt, well paw ask if they were nike she said yes he said they were very nice could he see one and she handed it to him and then ask to see her belt and she slid it off. On the tongue of the shoe it stated very plainly upper was made of real leather, and the belt was calf skin, he ask her do you no where calf skin is made and she said at a plastic factory? He laughed and pointed to a week old calf in a field across the way there's your factory dear leather is a by product of processing animals for meat, so if you don't eat it you just want to kill it to wear and she hauled off and cried as she sped down the road. he proceeded down the line and sure enough he found something that each and every one had on them or in their possession came from a living being at one time or another, be it a purse belt leather seats in the car or if you ate french fries at McDonalds because at that time they did mix beef tallow in the oil(ah the good tasting days of yesteryear) in just ten minutes he destroyed them all, so when faced with a veggy threat pull out some real butter and steam them and maybe we should by some air time. and let them know baseballs and horse hide footballs, pigskin, and lipstick and fish oil. The truth is out there we just have to yell as loud as they do.

Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

Very good point. PETA is not only a bunch of whacko's; they're mostly hypocrites as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Hollywood folks make very little money off me anyway. I am not a big movie person. I can't stand PETA and what they stand for, but I must admit the thought of seeing Alicia Silverstone nude is intriguing.