Black Bag Tournament

Ranger Bobs Black Bag Tournament
    Saturday September 29th
    Barren River Lake
    7 am till 1pm CST
    Ranger Bob Ramp
    Signup at Ranger Bobs beginning at 5am
    No entries taken at the ramp please
    Payback 100% --$300 first big fish each hour $200 second big fish each hour $100 third big fish each hour - Big Fish of the Day $500 (based on 137 entries)

270-622-6160
    e-mail rangerb64@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Bag Tournament

OK, OK... I've been waiting hoping someone else would ask this so I could hide my lack of knowledge, but what is a black bag tournament?

Thanks,

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Danny

Let me first start buy saying that I have never fished in a Black Bag Tournament but I have a friend that has on more than one occcasion. The way he explained it to me was every angler was given a black bag to use when they brought a fish to the scales. This kept things a mystery while you were standing in line and nobody would know what you had.

The format for the Black Bag Tournament he fished was every angler fished for himself. You do not have a partner but two people can fish out of the same boat but you will be considered two seperate entries. It was a big fish format giving prizes away every hour. You could weigh in more than one fish per hour if you wanted but your not fishing for a limit just a big bite. Only you and the director/staff would know the weight of your fish. That keeps people from asking what kind of weight was brought in. If you knew someones weight you could hold your fish for the next hourly prize...hence the reason for the black bag. Keep it a mystery until it is over.

At the end of the tournament they annouced the hourly winners plus the big fish of the day.

I am not for sure if this is the format for the Tournament they have posted but I am sure it will be similar because they are calling it a Black Bag Tournament.

R19

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou R19,

After some of the replies I've gotten lately, I thought I was back on the a board being taken over by kiddies....LOL

I guess that does add some strategy to what you do. I'd love to see some no cull tournaments. That way you have to make the decision that if a fish barely makes the length limit, do you keep it, or gamble that you will catch five more where they are all bigger????????

Not a lot of demand for that type of tournaement though.

Danny