Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

"HERRINGTON LAKE" Tourney Series Coming Soon! Read On

This post is going out to all the folks that frequent Herrington Lake throughout the course of the season. Recently there was a meeting in regards to the Tournament situation on Lake Herrington and the need to get a Friday night tournament in place that will pay the tournament fishermen better than ever before. Our objective is simply this. 100% payout to the field. There are many small tournaments that are in place currently on the lake that do offer a good opportunity to fish for a reasonable amount of money and enjoy yourself in the meantime. Our objective is to bring back the "ORIGINAL" Friday Night tourney and the folks that fished these events for some 20+years. This brings me to my announcement. Starting Saturday March 22nd 2008 through April 26th 2008,there will be 6 daytime tournmaents launching from Pandora Marina on Lake Herrington. The 1st 6 events will be held in the daytime (starting times announced at a later date).This will allow for some good Springtime fishing opportunities for those who like the day hours as well as the fact that these individuals can qualify for the classic in the daytime.the evening tournaments will resume during the 1st weekend of May of 2008.We have many exciting things to offer the fishermen in 2008 and many sponsors are already in line to get this off the ground and we are looking forward to getting this series to the lake. Please feel free to contact me anytime at webby@windstream.net. I would be glad to talk with you about this exciting news. Thank you very much. John

Post Thanks / Like

Friday night tourney at Quinn's

There is "small" Friday night tourney at Quinn's that usually runs 30-35 boats.
    $40.00 to fish plus $5.00 launch fee. Very well run, very comparable to the Tuesday night tourneys at Pandora. Both tourneys offer excellent payouts with a small amount per boat in each tourney plus membership fees going towards the year end classics. This makes for alot of money in the year end tourneys. Why don't you guys just come down to Quinn's and fish with us? Be glad to have ya'll. I fish both tourneys and they both do well. I like the idea of day touneys as long as Anglers Outpost isn't running their "big" circuit like this year. They run a great tourney and they did hold 2 during that same time frame you mentioned. If they do. would we be allowed to fish your tourney at the same time as theirs..if the times are the same.
    T.Lane
    bassmaster

Post Thanks / Like

Re: "HERRINGTON LAKE" Tourney Series Coming Soon! Read On

I understand your thoughts- however many of the fishermen that fish Gwinn Island were the ones that actually made the intial inquiry about getting the tourneys back together at the other end of the lake. This tournament will allow the weekly fisherman to get a better payout and a better chance to win a larger amount of money at the conclusion of the 2008 season. At this time- We have 10 sponsors on board for the 2008 Season and from the looks of things, there will be more sponsors getting involved in the near future. I also have commitments for 50+fishermen in the Tri County area that will fish the tournaments which will be a great addition. I will be releasing a full schedule as well as information in regards to the rules at local tackle shops in the areas around lake Herrington. I will assure you it will be the absolute best place for you to fish in 2008.

Post Thanks / Like

Now wait a minute, I know MANY of the guys at Gwinn's. Fished with them for 20+ years and no one I know is gonna bail out on Gwinns except maybe the 8-10 boats that left the "old" Friday nighters years ago to come to Gwinns because there was more boats fishing there. I can see those few guys plus some from Burgin, Lexington, and Nicolasville. More boats=more money, no matter how you look at it. Besides with sponsors, wouldn't you be able to pay out more than entry fees (more than 100%)? Just wondering where the money's gonna go.
    Guys, Gwinns DOES pay back 100%, don't let anyone tell ya'll different. Some of each boat goes to the fish off, some for big fish pot, big fish rollover pot. And I'm sure that 80-90% of the Gwinn's guys plus a few regulars missing from this years bunch will be back for Gwinn's next year, at least that's what they are telling me. Gwinn's entry fee $40.00. Qwinns fish off paid $1500 for first, $1000 for second. Not bad for smaller entry fees and NO sponsors.
    T. Lane
    bassmaster

Post Thanks / Like

Nobody is arguing in regards to the Gwinn Island tournaments what so ever. This tournament has been in the works for months.......not days. Careful planning and organization has taken place with many sponsors and fishermen to make this work. I am posative that Gwinn Island will have their regulars as they always have. This is not an attempt to take anything away from Gwinn Island. However-there will be a "facelift" at Pandora at the lower end of the lake offering the Fishermen something more on Friday Evenings. This tournament will be a success. We have the sponsors involved and the individuals involved that have the motivation to make this Friday Night Tournament like nothing the lake has ever seen. The last time these said individuals were involved with the Friday Night Tournament was in 2001 when the year end classic payed out over $8,700.00 in purse.I would also like to say a few of our (Cash Sponsors), are already in place with donations thus far exceeding $2,500.00 in the "Classic Fund" and more coming in the near future. Please remember this-The "Classic fund" for the 2008 Classic already has money in place by these donated Sponsors....and the donations are still coming in as we speak. We could quite possibly have $5,000.00 in place in the Classic fund before anyone wets a line come the 3rd weekend in March. That is without question a better payout and every single dime of the fund will be payed out to the fishermen rest assured. More to come.

Post Thanks / Like

Sponsor list, dates and times coming soon. thank you

Post Thanks / Like

I hear the tourny on Easter has been cancelled and moved up to this Sunday the 16th of March. Is this true? Could you post a schedule?

Post Thanks / Like

None of this is making any sense to me. You want to get the original Friday Nighters going again, but you are having them on saturdays?

Post Thanks / Like

Please read my latest post or feel free to send me a message regarding the tourney