Search Fishin.com

Thread: savage guns

Post Thanks / Like

savage guns

What is everyones opinions on these guns? Pro and Cons.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: savage guns

Do they still make Savage guns? I have a .410 single shot that belonged to my grandpa that is at least 50 years old probably older,killed my first squirrel with that gun.
    As far as the rifles they made in later years,a friend of mine bought a 7mm mag made by savage a few years back and it was a decent shotting gun for the price.He killed several deer with it and it would group as well as my Remington 700 BDL .30-06 would.The only complaint I ever had about a 7 mm mag ( I owned the Remington bolt variety) was that they kicked like a mule,but you can sure shoot a long ways with one and have knockdown power.
    Sorry I can't tell you more,but if the gun shoots and groups well , it should be fine.
    Glenn P.

Post Thanks / Like

I own a savage 223 that I purchased for coyote hunting. I purchased mainly due to price but overall it is a very well put together gun. The only complaint that i have is that it is a little stiff in the trigger. I know that now the have some that come with easier adjustable triggers. Overall it defitely is not top of the line but for the average user as I am when it comes to rifles it serves the purpose and shoots well.

Post Thanks / Like

The rifles that Savage is making now are top-of-the-line. The Accu-trigger is cool, you don't have to take your rifle to a gunsmith to change the trigger pull. Accuracy is great, too.
    If you're looking for a good rifle, that won't break the bank, look at the Howa's, too. They are the same gun that used to be marketed by Smith & Wesson, the model 1500.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: savage guns

Quote Originally Posted by Taterfish View Post
    What is everyones opinions on these guns? Pro and Cons.
    I've had a savage 30.06 for abouth 4 years now. Accurate as hell - right out of the box. For the money you can't beat them.

Post Thanks / Like

The new Savage Rifles come with the Accu-Trigger which is adjustable and said to be very nice.
    I wonder if you could have one put on the older Savage Guns?

I just had a new trigger put on my Remington Model 660 and I like it much better than the original trigger that came with the gun. And the new trigger was free as Remington has a safety issue with this guns and did a consumer recall due to a law suit. So I got a new free trigger installed at Remington's expense.

What is a good trigger pull weight before the gun fires? My new trigger is set to about 3 lbs of force right now.

Quote Originally Posted by adiah007 View Post
    I own a savage 223 that I purchased for coyote hunting. I purchased mainly due to price but overall it is a very well put together gun. The only complaint that i have is that it is a little stiff in the trigger. I know that now the have some that come with easier adjustable triggers. Overall it defitely is not top of the line but for the average user as I am when it comes to rifles it serves the purpose and shoots well.