On October 27th there will be fishing tournament on Dale Hollow lake to raise money for Trooper Island boys and girls camp. The name of the tournament is the Cunningham Memorial Bass tournament and it is named after a Trooper that was killed in the line of duty.

The cost of the tournament is $100/boat (buddy tournament). The payout is $2,000 1st, $1,000 2nd and $600 for 3rd, $400 4th, $300 5th and $100 for 6-10th place. I have made arrangements through the state park so that anyone fishing the tournament will recieve the state rate $59.95, if rooms are available. There will be 20 rooms blocked out for the tournament up until Oct. 1. If you reserve a room tell them you are with the Cunningham tournament and they will give you the rate (keep your fingers crossed). You can reserve a room at the state lodge after Oct. 1 for the same rate, but the room will be on a first come first serve basis.

The tournament will start and end at the dock on Trooper Island. There will be meeting on Friday night the 26th at 6:00 pm EST in the cafeteria on Trooper Island (park your boat at the dock or on the beach and walk up the hill. When you get to the top take a left and it is the first building on the left.) The time of the tournament will be from first light until 5pm with a meal following the tournament. There will also be an optional big fish tournament on Sunday for those interested for $25.

Anyone interested can email me at kybass@fewpb.net or contact me at (502) 330-6242.