Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you think of Marlin Rifles??

As I've posted on the community board, I am looking for a lever action 357 mag. rifle. I have found a source to get a Marlin new rifle for around $400, but not too sure of the quality of the Marlin rifles. Just looking for some views good or bad.

Thank you!!!

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you think of Marlin Rifles??

I've got a .30-.30 Marlin that I could never bring myself to sell. I bought it used for $350 at Paducah Shooters Supply in 1994. It's been a trusty sidekick in the woods and has harvested many many deer, both by me and my sister. It has never misfired and is still as accurate as the day I bought it. It's a great gun for a great price and I really don't think you'll go wrong with buying a Marlin.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks art, I've got a great 30-30 too, it's a Winchester. Talk about accurate.

I just hate carrying more than one caliber bullets when I am out fun shooting. I love shooting my 357 mag pistol, and I figure the rifle will be just as much fun.

Thanks for the recommendation. They've ordered one for me to look at, fortunately, I have not had to promise to buy it. That's the great thing about Uncle Lee's. They seem to bend over backwards to help me out.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    That's the great thing about Uncle Lee's. They seem to bend over backwards to help me out.
    Yep, I'm a big fan of Uncle Lee's as well. They are my go-to place for duck/goose decoys and waders! Their prices are usually better than most places.

I know what you mean about the different ammo! When I head to the range, I pack enough for a small militia! 12 ga. shells, .30-06, .30-.30, .44 mag, and .22 rem just to name a few! Then you add in all the targets and it's enough to fill a pick-up bed! Sure makes for a fun day though!

Post Thanks / Like

Uncle Lees supports people who are ANTI - landowner and Anti-Farmer on their message boards.I wouldn't give them a red cent of my money if I owned land in Kentucky.I can prove every word of what I said by the copied posts made in a thread at their website and the anti-landowner bit by their chosen super-moderator who posts under quackerstacker. I have meet several members of their message boards lately whom have noticed the same Bias from that website and are well aware of what is/does happen there.
    I also intend to protest with KDF&W affiliation with that website as unfair to other hunting/fisahing websites by a State Dept.
    Danny,I always thought you were a fair person here ,but your obvious promotion of Uncle Lees Anti-Farmer outfit doesn't belong here anymore than my Pro-landowner/Farmer bit does.
    Glenn Pennington
    Former POW and proud member of the Kentucky League of Landowners (here to protect private landowners from mini-hitlers like Quackerstacker),Kentucky Cattlemens Association,Kentucky Mountain Saddle Horse Association,Hunter,and Fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

where is this discussion board at?I'd like too see some of what is going on so i can draw my own opinion.I see your rants here but have seen nothing from their side.Just curious,i know many people who stop by on their way to ky. lake area and never heard a bad word about them.

Post Thanks / Like

Where in the world did all of this come from? I am confused...

All we were talking about was a store that sells good stuff for a good price.

I really can't believe that Uncle Lee's would be anti-farmer...that would be like saying Bass Pro Shops is anti-fisherman!

Post Thanks / Like

there web site is: http://www.kentuckyhunting.net/forums/. Not sure where the anti-landowner stuff is coming from. They do let a lot of debate go on especially on their community board, but I don't think they are involved much.

Post Thanks / Like

kyfantic,

I think you are being unfair in your characterization of me. My family owns over 200 acres, and we don't allow any hunting or fishing back there. That is due to the problems with trespassers when we were still raising cattle. Now all the land that surrounds us belongs to a guy who lives in MN, he bought 6,000 acres from Peabody. There will be a mine opened back there.

I don't go to their forum, and I have no way of knowing if Lee Fontleroy himself supports or even visits that board. So I can't support taking money out of my neighbor's pockets based on your accusations.

I suggest you contact Lee Fontleroy if you are that serious. I know him, and he is a fair minded man.

Good luck,

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

The people that own Uncle Lees may be the best in the world ,but whoever the fellow is that plays Super-Moderator on their website/Discussion Boards needs to be removed from that position or Uncle Lees should not be affiliated with such a person.
    Like I said I only tried to defend Landowners/Farmers like you Danny who worked and paid for their property,that should have the right to say who and when someone is allowed on it,I was permanently banned by Quackerstacker (whoever the coward is) and for it ,I never used profane language (unless you consider "sarcastic turd") profane,and I never broke any rules there,as long as the folks at Uncle Lees are affiliated with people like that then they should expect the loss of sales by those they offend.

Just to set the record straight I tried to email and call several people with Uncle Lees listed at their website and was never answered/called back.
    Glenn Pennington

Post Thanks / Like

The supermoderator you speak of may be one of those arrogant kids they have working at their store...I've met a few of those there. Just because you sell hunting stuff doesn't make you an expert on the subject nor does it make you a big shot! Just by him calling himself a "Super" moderator kind of gives me a feeling that's what is going on...but that's just my observation...

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if Quackerstacker works there or what his affiliation is,he lists his residence as Murray,Ky and I'm pretty sure he's more like 40ish? I do know his email was listed as Dalton@Alltell.com and it wouldn't go through.

Now for the original topic before I hijacked Danny's thread,I have owned several Marlins over the years,at least 2 -.22's one of which I still squirrel hunt with,and 2 - .3030's that were okay for short range hunting here in Ky,but I'd never consider replacing one of my Remington bolt actions with one,for what your intentions are you should be fine.