Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Licking River 10-7

Had a great day wading on the Licking River in Campbell County. The fish have finally turned on. We had some good current and stained color and the shad were present. Caught around 20 bass. Smallmouth mainly, with a few spots and largemouth. Best 5 went around 12 lbs. All smallies. Also had 5 spots between 10-13" and 2 nice whitebass around 11", several sauger all cigars. Caught the fish on inline 1/6 oz black and chrome spinner and a small rebel tiny wee black and chrome crankbait. At one point caught 5 bass on consecutive casts! My son lost a big one. Not sure what it was, smallie or drum. Fished last nite, Tues. and caught 7 bass, all were small and a few sauger.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Licking River 10-7

nice, that seems to be exactly opposite from my wade this weekend. These cooling temps will hopefully help out. how was the water temp up there? I know i bare legged it on sunday and was thinking it was more like mid summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWading24 View Post
    nice, that seems to be exactly opposite from my wade this weekend. These cooling temps will hopefully help out. how was the water temp up there? I know i bare legged it on sunday and was thinking it was more like mid summer.
    That watershed collects a little more water than the one we have.

Billy

Post Thanks / Like

were you in Grants lick, Ive been in Pendelton pool from Kincaid all the way to Butler, I have been doing decent alot of short fish with some at 12 inches mostly small mouth. Like you said I also had a good one on but did not get to see it drum or gar, maybe small mouth?? I been using spinners road runners chartuse, and a prowler tube green pumpkin. That bait is a producer.

Post Thanks / Like

North of the Visalia bridge, off of LicKing Pike, Rifle Range Rd. near Alexandria area.
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like

When I was a kid my father took us up above the falmouth dam on a deep hole up there which used to be pretty good. That might be another spot to try? I was thinking about renting a canoe or kyak from morgans and try just drifting and fishing.