Search Fishin.com

Thread: Dale info ?

Post Thanks / Like

Dale info ?

Anyone know what the current temps are ?
    Sometimes the corps info is not up to date. Kinda curious whether this cool snap is droppin' the temps. Thanx in advance....
    TEE

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dale info ?

Anybody?

Post Thanks / Like

On monday it was 72.4 to 74.4 by 3 p.m. from holly creek in the middle to the upper part of the lake. Fish have started to school up with bait fish close by.
    Last edited by Tnstratos283; 10-16-2007 at 04:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Dale info ?

THANK YOU SIR!
    That's exactly what I'm looking for....now I can judge my trip accordingly as long as we don't have an Indian summer here soon.

Thanks again and FISH ON !

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

hopefully the H20 will start to cool below 70 and all will be better ---if there's any water left........ amazing what's happening in Georgia at lake Lanier and Lake Hartwell...hope CH and DH is not affected anymore by the drought and no rain...we don't have any control on the Corps work on the dams either...looks like another lower than usual winter pool at both lakes... tight lines...

Post Thanks / Like

Thinkin' about comin' down...any idea what the temps are now since the cool rains?
    Thanx in advance,
    TEE

Post Thanks / Like

Water temp was 68 to 70.4 and clear this morning but mud lines in the afternoon with the wind and rain. Water temps still continuing to drop alittle more each week. Some fish being caught in the creeks on cranks, spinnerbaits, jigs, rattletraps, flukes, and a few on a buzz bait. Fish still starting to school with balls of bait fish being seen. It is about to break wide open up there. Hope this helps you out...283

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all,new to this board. I am thinking of coming to Dale Hollow for a week starting 11/10. I keep reading about how the low water is starting to close boat ramps. How bad is the situation and how likly is this to cause us problems by that week ? Probaly will stay at Cedar Hill,which is also near Pleasant Grove ramp. I Just have a 16.5 aluminum Lund Rebel- V 40Hp ,can usually launch in about 1.8ft water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
    Hello all,new to this board. I am thinking of coming to Dale Hollow for a week starting 11/10. I keep reading about how the low water is starting to close boat ramps. How bad is the situation and how likly is this to cause us problems by that week ? Probaly will stay at Cedar Hill,which is also near Pleasant Grove ramp. I Just have a 16.5 aluminum Lund Rebel- V 40Hp ,can usually launch in about 1.8ft water.
    While the corp is to lower the water level alittle more, with your setup what you described you should still be able to launch at both cedar hill and pleasant grove park, but make sure to stay in the middle of the ramps and ease back cautiously not to drop off the end. Dockside (Thomas Weaver), the owner of horse creek marina across from the point at the swinging bridge above the dam says his ramps are good to launch at and he will maintain them so we can use them this winter while the lake is down. As far as the lake goes, it is very very low right now and some of the flats around the lilydale / willow grove area is out of the water. I seen a picture of a nice big ole inboard run about layed on it's side a couple of weeks ago that ran aground on one of the flats in that area. Stay within the bouy markers on the main channel and swing alittle wider on the points and mouths going into the creeks and you should be fine. The day bite is finally started to come around some and the night bite is almost a thing of the past for this year with the colder nights and the low water conditions would be out of the question if I were you for safety reasons. Water temps are hovering and just below 70 degrees for the most part of the lake and by the time you get there should be in the mid to lower 60's and the fish should be turning on pretty good. Good Ideal to wear your pfd this time of year out there also. Not as many people on the water now that the cooler weather has got here and if you went over the side you want last long in that cold water if you had a cramp or trouble getting back in the boat. Good luck to you, and hope you get your string streched up at the hollow. Above all things... be safe....283