Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

McAlpine courtesy

Hello ,

I have to get on my soap box ....
    Please have some common sense when fishing the lower spillway !!!

When you see someone over on the island fishing the down side of the spillway (from the bnk we used our boat to run over there)please do not run your boat up where we are casting

1 When you run your big motor up to the spillway & over those big hybrids they are spooked and then they scatter and no one catches them .This is also true with the sauger but not as bad.

2 It's just kinda rude .They see us catch fish then they have to run their boat right up to where we were casting .We are usually there first,please show some common courtesy

I am not trying to come off as having anymore right to fish there than anyone else ,but there is plenty of water there is no need to come right next to another boat or some one fishing on the island ,

I live in Old Clarksville about 4 blocks from Harrison Ave ramp and have been fishing the River for 20 years ,and I have never seen this many boats on the week days !!!The word is out .But there is plenty of water to fish .

Over by the Hydro is good for sauger vertical jigging silver buddies or jigs has been producing 2lb females .Also the mud bank about 200 yards down from the hydro on shipping port island is good for sauger right before dark ..I never see anyone fishing there

As I said just because I am from Clarksvile and have been fishing the River for a long time ,gives me NO more right to fish than anyone else .I just have never seen boats fishing on top of someone like I have in the last 2 weeks. And I have seen 2 altercations where physical threats have been involved

Just my 2 cents
    jfw

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McAlpine courtesy

I agree, It is rude & It happens everywhere

Post Thanks / Like

The last time that riverrat12 and I were there we had a couple of fellows almost follow us around. They came over and ran right through where we were casting. Some people have no common sense and really don't care about others. I feel your pain and you are right.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree 100% with your Thread Topic, But some people will never change and nothing I or you or anyone else will change them and their way of doing things.

I have only fished at the Spillway one time so far with a friend of mine. We caught a few fish and I'm hooked on fishing for the Sauger and Stripers and anything else that will bite my line there.

I agree also that there is plenty of water to be fished, so everyone cool out and relax and everyone will catch fish.
    Good luck to all and maybe I'll meet a few of you guys on here who fish the area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    The last time that riverrat12 and I were there we had a couple of fellows almost follow us around. They came over and ran right through where we were casting. Some people have no common sense and really don't care about others. I feel your pain and you are right.
    Come on Mark ,two good lookin guy's like us in that area!!!!They where followin us LOL....because of our fishin skills!!!hehehe

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Chuck,Clyde,all.You know there hasnt been a single time ive been down there all year that someone didnt break a fisherman rule.There was one time when me and Doug was down there a few weeks ago.That this guy in a small boat with a tiller handle motor ran all over our fish right where we were casting and catching them on every cast.I hollered over at him to move please[was polite]and he drifted backward like he was leaving,but he came back and did it again,this time i said get beside us and well all catchem but he just idled there on top our fish that he seen us catching,so i launched a rattle trap full speed at him.I got him ofcourse and i think he finally got the clue and beat it out of there.Ive seen him a few times since then but he stays the heck away from me.There our plenty of fish out there for all of us,but true some spot are better than others and if its a small spot ask nice if someone minds and get beside them not in the middle of there fish.None of us own any spot but common courtesy goes a long way.No one wants there fish ran off and noone wants someone elses lure tangled up in there line.Also such behavior will make me and just about anyone else get stressed and turn aggresive.Those sauger are tasty but not worth a whoopin or something worse.Thats not what it is all about.John

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: McAlpine courtesy

Well said , with tonights Storm they should open the gates up some and the new anglers will probably stay away from the rough water

By the way a tree fell on my House in Old Clarksville tonight ....looks like I will be running a chain saw instead of a boat moteeor for the next few days

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jfw View Post
    Well said , with tonights Storm they should open the gates up some and the new anglers will probably stay away from the rough water

By the way a tree fell on my House in Old Clarksville tonight ....looks like I will be running a chain saw instead of a boat moteeor for the next few days
    Sorry to here it buddy, WOW was that an active weather night or what???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fisheater View Post
    Hey Chuck,Clyde,all.You know there hasnt been a single time ive been down there all year that someone didnt break a fisherman rule.There was one time when me and Doug was down there a few weeks ago.That this guy in a small boat with a tiller handle motor ran all over our fish right where we were casting and catching them on every cast.I hollered over at him to move please[was polite]and he drifted backward like he was leaving,but he came back and did it again,this time i said get beside us and well all catchem but he just idled there on top our fish that he seen us catching,so i launched a rattle trap full speed at him.I got him ofcourse and i think he finally got the clue and beat it out of there.Ive seen him a few times since then but he stays the heck away from me.There our plenty of fish out there for all of us,but true some spot are better than others and if its a small spot ask nice if someone minds and get beside them not in the middle of there fish.None of us own any spot but common courtesy goes a long way.No one wants there fish ran off and noone wants someone elses lure tangled up in there line.Also such behavior will make me and just about anyone else get stressed and turn aggresive.Those sauger are tasty but not worth a whoopin or something worse.Thats not what it is all about.John
    HMMMM Where is the courtesy in launching a rattletrap at someone or threatening to to whip their ass."Our fish" are we entitled to them when we find them?I have been there too,for money and just fun fishing i usually just pick up and politely tell them they can have it and leave for a shortwhile and comeback and usually they are gone.It will be a matter of time but i believe we will see the day when someone gets killed or hurt over a fish.practice courtesy if you want to preach it..

onemorecast56 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CTFSHWHISKER View Post
    HMMMM Where is the courtesy in launching a rattletrap at someone or threatening to to whip their ass."Our fish" are we entitled to them when we find them?I have been there too,for money and just fun fishing i usually just pick up and politely tell them they can have it and leave for a shortwhile and comeback and usually they are gone.It will be a matter of time but i believe we will see the day when someone gets killed or hurt over a fish.practice courtesy if you want to preach it..
    Well I gotta side with John, I was with him that night and he asked nicely not to run thru our fish he seen us catching, the gentleman could have anchored along with us wit no proplem,,,there was penty of room and alot of fish,,,the guy was trolling and was running up the middle of ours and anothers guys fish that had parked on the other side. John just fired a lets call it a warning,not very happy shot over his bow. I call that pay lakeing. There is enough fish for everybody, and when you pay out alot of bucks for gas just to get to fish the 2 hours or less Johns had off,,,will try and understand.

Hey Jay, next time your standing on the bank and see a white bay boat hollor at me,,,and I`ll run over and show y ahow to catch them...LOL and I`ll just run over chuck!,,,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CTFSHWHISKER View Post
    You would have had to been there and have to know me to see i did everything i could do.I give everybody way more courtesy then ive been given and thats no big deal,i do what i think is right.Actually the guy got asked nicely twice[5 minutes apart]On the third time he got invite to fish beside us.I will not leave a spot im wearing them out at until im ready,and no fool is going to own me like that.The ones in my livewell are our fish and the ones that are not should be.lol.I didnt actually hit him with my rattle trap,he ran into it because the space he was in was my known target.Like what was stated before if you run over them there gone.He was running through them like he was a member of P.E.T.A.If you were fishing a tournament and someone rolled up beside you and started throwing stick and rocks where you were fishing,how nice can you be?People have already been killed for discourtesy and i will never take it that far or fight over it,but i will let someone know that im not happy about it.Maybe they honestly didnt know better but if they do its like a slap in the face to me.Please dont judge what you dont know....Sincerely..not trying to start an arguement or a beef....John

Post Thanks / Like

i guess maybe i'm just a wuss or something,his actions weren't right as many other fishermans aren't either.I just didn't see courtesy in either of your actions.I personally wouldn't have done that.Back when i fished tnt tournaments at the ville we were fishing a point with worms and jigs slowly,
    another team came up wide open set down went to the other side and came around on us and actually caught our lines,twice with cranks, dressed the part with all the stickers and such.i politely asked if they could go around and i got cussed and what not,i told them good luck and left we had 2 keepers off it.That is only one of quiet a few times i have gave up a spot,i have no property sign there so if i don't want to fish close to them i'll leave.
    i'm not trying to argue or be dis respectful but regardless if he was wrong i don't see courtesy in launching lures at someone.I would guess if someone disagrees with you you give them a couple chances to agree and if not you would punch him?i'm just baffled how such a relaxing sport has gotten so cuthroat.Don't take it out on someone else because time and gas are a factor.jmo no hard feelings to any.