Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

McAlpine 10lb. Hybrids

Caught these 10lb hybrids on Friday October 19th at McAlpine. Also caught an 8 and 7.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hybrid mcalpine.jpg 
Views:	578 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	292  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McAlpine 10lb. Hybrids

Nice Fish!
    How does a fish that big and out of the river taste?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naturesfly8 View Post
    Caught these 10lb hybrids on Friday October 19th at McAlpine. Also caught an 8 and 7.
    One in your right hand .. left side of picture is a Striper. The lines are not broken and it has a slightly greenish cast. Hybrid is in the left hand right side of picture.. NICE FISH.. both of them.
    Jim Dicken

Post Thanks / Like

naturesfly, I was the guy with long blond hair in the little puddle jumper on the right side of the dam. Knockin them out to, till about 9... was it you and one other guy???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    naturesfly, I was the guy with long blond hair in the little puddle jumper on the right side of the dam. Knockin them out to, till about 9... was it you and one other guy???
    Ive been up there a half dozen times in the last two weeks. That particular day I got into the bigger fish, I was with my g.f. She had a blast with a medium spinning rod and 10lb test. She landed a 10. I went back the very next day and the water was close to what was released that day, although I never caught any big hybrids or strips. Only 6 sauger. That day was awesome though wasnt it? Only a few of us where catching the bigger fish. I plan to go back maybe Thursday.

Ive been catching so many big hybrids in the last two weeks there, I never even noticed the one fish Im holding IS a striper. Mostly catching big hybrids,in the summer it was mostly striper up to 15lb for me.

See ya back there soon, dont be afraid to say hi! Fish spoken here

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a picture of one of the other hybrids and the one shown in the other pic. Here's my g.f.s biggest to date thus far. What was your biggest fish that day riverrat? I know you caught some dandys too, if im remembering who you are right? Have you been back since?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hybrid mcalpine1.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	298   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2904.jpg 
Views:	439 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	299  

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a picture of one of the other hybrids and the one shown in the other pic. Here's my g.f.s biggest to date thus far. What was your biggest fish that day riverrat? I know you caught some dandys too, if im remembering who you are right? Have you been back since?
    I haven't but will be back Fri. just called the dam and they have 30ft at dam 26ft at the upper 4ft at the lower...predicted crest tomorrow 28.7 at the lower gauge so things are deffenitly going to be different. And yes I got some hybrids in the 10# range and a stripe that probably was around 15#. What surprised me the most was the size of some of the whites I was gettin....huge I bet there's a 5+ out there hopefully with my name on it lol...I know I caught a couple over 4#s they looked like hub caps and real healthy. With the water coming up I'll probably give the stripes a little time but if there slow Fri. I'll have to go cat huntin..Chuck