Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

55 lb Monster Pike

This 55 lb 56 inch Pike was caught out of a river in Canada without ever being hooked. Mean SOB wouldn't let go of the 'small' 36 inch pike he was chewing on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bigpike.jpg 
Views:	852 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	302   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bigpike2.jpg 
Views:	2108 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	303  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 55 lb Monster Pike

You must have missed this same thread a few weeks back in this forum. The two pictures are not of the same fish and the large one (if it's even an un-altered picture) was allegedly caught in Europe.

Ever wonder why the sun is out in the first picture, but it's incredibly cloudy in the other one?

I've seen these pictures floating around for a few years now.

http://www.pacgb.co.uk/articles/blomedit.htm

Post Thanks / Like

I missed the other thread and have never seen the pictures.

Nope, never wondered about the pictures, and with my limited powers of observation don't know that they are two different fish. Can't say I'm tore up about it either way.

I received 2 photos of the guy holding a fish, the other was from a different angle. If the photos were doctored, someone with a lot of time on their hands did a heck of a job on them.

Some of us get fooled pretty easy by the internet. Why, not too long ago there was this guy posting on a fishing board as a girl...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post

Nope, never wondered about the pictures, and with my limited powers of observation don't know that they are two different fish. Can't say I'm tore up about it either way.

I received 2 photos of the guy holding a fish, the other was from a different angle. If the photos were doctored, someone with a lot of time on their hands did a heck of a job on them.

Some of us get fooled pretty easy by the internet. Why, not too long ago there was this guy posting on a fishing board as a girl...
    Working with designers who are photoshop experts, I'm fairly skeptical of all photos that I see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post

Too funny!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: 55 lb Monster Pike

The picture of the Pike eating a pike is actually on youtube. I saw it the other day while watching bass feeding videos, and fish eating fish. "Dont believe anything that someone tells you, and only half of what you see".

Post Thanks / Like

by golly they may be two different fish.I believe they have different birthmarks upon close observation.Well i guess if we can believe only 1\2 of what we hear or see there is a 50 50 chance of being the same fish.