Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

You might be a fisherman, if...

you have a power worm dangling from your rearview mirror because you think it makes a good air frehener.

You call your boat "Sweetheart" and your wife "Skeeter."

Your local tackle shop keeps your credit card number on file.

You keep a flippin stick by your favorite chair to change the TV channels.

BPS has a private line just for you.

You have your name painted on the launch ramp parking space.

You have your "personal best catch" on your desk instead a picture of your family.

You consider viennies and crackers a complete meal.

You think MEGABYTES means a great day fishing.

You send your kid off to school with his shoes tied in a palonar knot.

You think the four seasons are pre-spawn, spawn, post-spawn, and hunting.

Your $30,000 bass boat's trailer needs tires so you borrow the ones off your house.

You trade your wife's van for a smaller vehicle so your bass boat fits in the garage.

Your kids know its Saturday because the bass boat is gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: You might be a fisherman, if...

You might be a fisherman if ur out in a snowstorm with 2 inch of snow in the boat

You have the boat in the garage wifes car out in the snow....

When you kiss the first fish of the day-but didn,t kiss the wife when u left.

Yep we just might be fishermen gl to us all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by biggw View Post
    You might be a fisherman if ur out in a snowstorm with 2 inch of snow in the boat

If you launch out of Horse Creek when the thermometer reads 8 degrees, while somebody gets it on video tape commenting what an idiot you are to go out when it was that cold!!!

Post Thanks / Like

hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by biggw View Post

My boat really is in the garage and the wifes vehicle sets outside and it's gonna stay that way too, Get-R=Done, I'm not joking either fellas.

Post Thanks / Like

Just so happened when I owned my Utility Trailer. The wifes car was out in the driveway and my trailer was in the garage with my 4 wheeler loaded on it. But I don't have either one now, so she gets to park in the garage again.

By the way my boat will always be parked in the garage instead of one of my other vehicles, no matter what!!!!!! Got to protect a lifetime investment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    Just so happened when I owned my Utility Trailer. The wifes car was out in the driveway and my trailer was in the garage with my 4 wheeler loaded on it. But I don't have either one now, so she gets to park in the garage again.

By the way my boat will always be parked in the garage instead of one of my other vehicles, no matter what!!!!!! Got to protect a lifetime investment.
    I built a "Boat Barn" because the new to me Stratos wouldn't fit in the garage.It has 2 lean-to shed roofs on it. The wife parks the F-150 under the shed roof while the boat remains in the Boat Barn Man Cave.
    The F-150 fits in the garage but you have to fold the drivers outside mirror in and then you have 1/4 inch clearance on each side. Too close for the wife to try it!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I were moving, and while looking at houses I carried a tape measure with me. I would spend about 5 minutes looking at the inside of the house and about 15 in the garage measuring. Often, I would do this before looking in the house!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Col Forbin View Post
    My wife and I were moving, and while looking at houses I carried a tape measure with me. I would spend about 5 minutes looking at the inside of the house and about 15 in the garage measuring. Often, I would do this before looking in the house!
    I'm trying to find a house myself right now...who cares about the house, I want a garage big enough for the boat, a couch, a kegerator, and a big screen so I can watch fishing shows and wax the boat or play with my tackle and stuff. As long as the house has a bed and kitchen, then that's good enough for me! Oh yeah, a bathroom helps, but it's optional...

You might be a fisherman if you have more than one boat, each for it's own "specific application": catfish/jugging boat, pond hopper, bass boat, stream boat/canoe

Post Thanks / Like

Yep!! You just might be a fisherman if you can relate, and or understand any and all of the above....... without doubt!! And I can't believe no one made mention of a major factor called the toilet paper in the baggie. Maybe it was too easy.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're reading this...

Post Thanks / Like

If you use the size of a crankbait to explain how big the open wound on your stomache is......

If you are close to death last week and now all you are really mad that FNF season will soon be upon us and you won't be apart of it for a while......

The last 2 houses you bought, the FIRST thing that was moved was your boat and all your fishing tackle into the garage so you know exactly how much room you have left for whatever was left and how much had to be sold in the garage sale.......

It's December, 34 degrees, sleet, snowing, raining, wind blowing about 20, sun so far behind the clouds it looks like night all day long, you are backing down the launch ramp at Dale with the biggest grin on your face and inside your head these words keep crossing your mind "It's Gonna Be a Good Day Tater".....

One Saturday in 2004 3am, breaking the ice off the boat cover, leave from Frankfort drive to Dale Hollow by myself, FNF all day long high blue skies with ZERO bites, take out at dark, drive back to Frankfort, watch the taped UK/UL basketball game (the one where UL fouls on the 3 pointer and UK takes a nice victory), get in bed at 10pm, frustrated that you had not caught one single fish, give your wife a kiss good night and then tell her that you are going back again (She says I am NUTS, I say I am dedicated), set your alarm for 2am, get up shower, hook up boat, break off ice from cover, drive to Dale Hollow, fish all Day until Dark with ZERO bites drive back home. A good 12 hours of travel time to and from, approximately 22 hours on the water with ZERO bites, maybe 8 hours sleep over 2 nights, easy $100 in gas money in truck and boat plus whatever else that I spent at the One Stop, ZERO BITES and could not wait to do it again the following weekend....TRUE STORY