Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Guntersville crappie

Anyone ever fish Guntersville for crappie this time of year. If so, what type of pattern did you find them in?

Thanks for any info, leaving thursday.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Guntersville crappie

I've never fished there but please post any patterns that you may figure out as I am going down that way in a few weeks. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a couple of friends who fish the heck out of Guntersville for Crappie. They average close to 1 1/2 to 2lbs when they catch them. They go and sit directly underneath the bridges and catch the far out of them. Use minnows and start off about a foot from the bottom and keep adjusting up from there. The Yellow perch are often caught like this as well and some average about 14". This time of year anything can happen weather wise so make sure you take the insulated coveralls with you and a toboggan. The time I went with one of these guys to fish for the crappie the wind was blowing and it was ( I swear ) 20 degree's colder underneath the bridges and we were bundled up like it was below freezing. I wound up getting pneumonia from the trip, but we did catch some big crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    I've got a couple of friends who fish the heck out of Guntersville for Crappie. They average close to 1 1/2 to 2lbs when they catch them. They go and sit directly underneath the bridges and catch the far out of them. Use minnows and start off about a foot from the bottom and keep adjusting up from there. The Yellow perch are often caught like this as well and some average about 14". This time of year anything can happen weather wise so make sure you take the insulated coveralls with you and a toboggan. The time I went with one of these guys to fish for the crappie the wind was blowing and it was ( I swear ) 20 degree's colder underneath the bridges and we were bundled up like it was below freezing. I wound up getting pneumonia from the trip, but we did catch some big crappie.
    Thanks leaving in the morning. With my sockhat!