Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Question Avatar

Alright how are you guys getting them cool little avatars, I want me one but I'm too dang computer stupid to do it. If you explain it type slow I ain't the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to these dang puters, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Avatar

You can image search about anything you want, just save it into your "my pictures" folder in your documents. Then open up your profile in this board, click on edit avatar and then choose "use custom avatar", and hit Browse. This will take you into your "my pictures" folder. Click on the picture you want to use and hit save or ok, whichever it gives you and then click "save changes" and this should work.

Post Thanks / Like

Click the "User CP" menu item (upper left corner of the forum, under Weather, Contents, etc...

Click the "Edit Avatar" link at the top left.

Check the "Use Custom Avatar" box and then use the "Browse" button to locate an image on your computer to upload.

Finally, click the "Save Changes" button.

Don't worry, I typed reaaaally slow cause I know you cannot read very fast

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

First, find you a pic that you want to use. Once you do that, then the main thing you need to do is to resize the picture down to 80x80 pixels, or 9.8 KB. First, make sure it's saved as a .jpg file. If the file name has ".bmp" at the end, open it with your picture editing program (double-click on it) and click on File, then Save As. In the window that pops up, there should be a "Save as type" field. Click on the little arrow on the right of that, and select ".jpg", then click Save. This is because .jpg files are compressed versions of .bmp's, so they take up less space (fewer kb). Now, I use Microsoft Picture Editor, so I click on Picture, then Resize, then type in a custom height x width, usually 80x80. Depending on what software you use, you may have to get to it a different way, but the main thing is to get it down to that 80 x 80 pixels, or 9.8 KB, whichever is smaller. Once you've done that, make sure it's saved somewhere that you know how to find it on your computer. Then click on User CP here at the forum, then Edit Avatar, then select Option 2 for a Custom Avatar, then click on Browse and browse to the file on your computer, and click on Upload.

If you can't understand those clear-as-mud instructions, then feel free to send me a PM and I'll try to clarify. Do you have a picture picked out that you want to use? if so, just tell me where it is, and I'll tell you exactly how to get it into your profile. If you have trouble resizing it, you can email it to me, and I'll resize it and send it back.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    Click the "User CP" menu item (upper left corner of the forum, under Weather, Contents, etc...

Click the "Edit Avatar" link at the top left.

Check the "Use Custom Avatar" box and then use the "Browse" button to locate an image on your computer to upload.

Finally, click the "Save Changes" button.

Don't worry, I typed reaaaally slow cause I know you cannot read very fast

Andrew
    Thanks guys I'm gonna give it a shot later. Alright Andrew be nice now, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

If you can't get your pictures to upload, email them to me and I'll get them down the proper size and send 'em back to you. It's a piece of cake from there.

birdstrike@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Alright how are you guys getting them cool little avatars, I want me one but I'm too dang computer stupid to do it. If you explain it type slow I ain't the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to these dang puters, LOL.
    Hey buddy i got mine--done it with one finger and one eye shut lol lol ha ha

Post Thanks / Like

I just punched in free avatar or fishing avatar or really any combination into my search engine and start surfing for what strikes you.

Post Thanks / Like

I see you figured it out. Dude, that is soooo you

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    I see you figured it out. Dude, that is soooo you

Andrew
    Andrew, you are a dog, I'm laughing at work here outloud. For all that know me, believe me I'm not responsible for this avatar. I'll get you for this Andrew, LOL, LOL. You are getting wet on this one, baha, it's killing me.

Post Thanks / Like

Who, me What would ever give you that idea

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Andrew, you are a dog, I'm laughing at work here outloud. For all that know me, believe me I'm not responsible for this avatar. I'll get you for this Andrew, LOL, LOL. You are getting wet on this one, baha, it's killing me.
    Ummmm i was wondering about that Avatar, an just think this guy fished with me----lol have a good day buddy