Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Ohio River this past Saturday_Newburg

River Report and Information: Stopped by the Newburg Indiana ramp this past Saturday around 8:00 am to check out conditions. Weather was nice and there were a lot of boats out on the water, 20 or more when I got there and a couple more pulled in before I left. With all that fishing, I hope there was some catching going on?

Water level was still up from the rains we had last week, but water clarity was good for the Ohio. Ramp is in good shape and the dock is still in place. However, if the river gets much higher, they will pull the dock out.

If anyone reading this post who went out on the Ohio Saturday or today, I would appreciate reading your report, with special interest in the Newburg Dam area.

I plan on fishing Newburg Dam a couple of days next week for sauger. Weather forecast looks good with a few days of clould cover.

Luck to all,
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ohio River this past Saturday_Newburg

Boone:
    Did you mean to post this in the ILLINOIS forum?

I have not been down to the Newburgh ramp in three weeks. The parking lot was full the last time I went down there on a Saturday. I think you were there that day. I saw a trailer that matched the type of boat you said you fish out of. So it may have been your trailer or it could be that someone else was fishing there and had a boat trailer that was the same make as your boat. You use a 18 Ft Lund if memory serves me right. But my memory fails me a lot at times like this so I could have that all wrong . LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    River Report and Information: Stopped by the Newburg Indiana ramp this past Saturday around 8:00 am to check out conditions. Weather was nice and there were a lot of boats out on the water, 20 or more when I got there and a couple more pulled in before I left. With all that fishing, I hope there was some catching going on?

Water level was still up from the rains we had last week, but water clarity was good for the Ohio. Ramp is in good shape and the dock is still in place. However, if the river gets much higher, they will pull the dock out.

If anyone reading this post who went out on the Ohio Saturday or today, I would appreciate reading your report, with special interest in the Newburg Dam area.

I plan on fishing Newburg Dam a couple of days next week for sauger. Weather forecast looks good with a few days of clould cover.

Luck to all,
    Gary