Search Fishin.com

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

Center Hill - 3 Nov

Fished Center Hill on Saturday, 3 Nov, 8am-4pm in the mid-lake area....weather was great...nice day to be on the water....little if no wind...water temp was 66.4 at 8am and hit 67.5 by 1pm.... Water clarity was almost 10 feet ---clearer than I've seen it in a long time...... tough day for catching though..... fished spinnerbaits, jigs, soft plastics, and crankbaits.... found little or no balls of shad in the creeks ---perhaps a little to early...... my buddy and I caught 9 spots on a white spinnerbait off of main lake points --biggest went a little over 3 lbs.......... notta' with a crankbait, jig, or soft plastic :-( ...upcoming cold front and low air temps in the next few weeks will hopefully drop the H2O below 60 degrees.... Interesting --saw where the Corps I suppose placed several low water marker buoys out on the hump adjacent to Floating Mills.... Water is not as low as last winter but not far from it ---probably another 3-4 feet down and it'll be the same.... Not a problem launching from Hurricane Bridge --they extended the ramp last year and added gravel and its a smooth launch out into the lake... tight lines

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Center Hill - 3 Nov

Dover; Thanks for the report from the hill and glad you guys caught a few. I was wanting to go this week end, but it just didn't work out to be. Shouldn't be much longer with the water temps dropping like they are that you should be able to find the balls of shad with fish under them and have a blast with a spoon. Thanks for the report on the ramp as well. I was looking at putting in a the bridge also with the corp last year extending it like they did, I figured it was the safest on the middle to lower end of the lake. Was wondering about the ramps at Edgar Evins if they are still useable?? When the spoon bite kicks in I like the lower end best on the lake with not alot of running to do. Thanks again for the report and be safe out there...283

Post Thanks / Like

Tnstratos283 --- a buddy of mine launched out of the main ramp at Edgar Evins Park.... he said just like last year, stay in the middle of the ramp as each side is a tad bit shorter and drops off but the middle is good to go so far...... His day was about the same as mine but caught all his spots with a spinnerbait...tight lines...... PS --we 'gotta hook up sometime and each save some strokes of the keyboard and combine our report here on this website since we are two of only a handful that ever report if you know what I mean.

Post Thanks / Like

Dover; Thanks for the info on the ramps at the park...I appreciate it. Sounds like the spots are on the sb bite right now. I like to get into them with a spoon when they are surfacing and busting shad. That kind of action is almost heart pumping as the top water bite. You are right about getting together to wet a line, we really need to do that. I am planning on going sunday morning to the hill and have a open back seat at the time if you are interested. Let me know if you want to hook up and I will send you a pm message with my phone number so we can set it up. Later...283

Post Thanks / Like

283 -- I wish I could go but I can't commit on Sunday and would hate to tie up a seat and have to back out at the last minute pending family plans.... If you have a cell phone, perhaps you can send me a PM message and if I get Sunday free, I may just get on the lake myself and perhaps I can link up with you on the water for a meet and greet unless you are on one end of the lake and I'm on the other :-) ...... perhaps this cold spell will drop the H2O below 60 .... Satuurday and Sunday is forecasted to be sunny and chilly in the am and warm up to the 60s by noon....... ..tight lines

Post Thanks / Like

Dover: I sent you a pm........283

Post Thanks / Like

283 -- Looks like I got a "kitchen pass" and will get to hit CH...I'll give you a shout Sunday, mid-morning.....

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Center Hill - 3 Nov

Quote Originally Posted by Tnstratos283 View Post
    Dover: I sent you a pm........283
    hello Tnstratos283 i would like to no what is going on at the hill. im going to be down there at the beginning of august an would like to have some info on that lake. you seem to no whats going on at all the lakes mostly. any info that you can give me on that lake would be greatful. what to use as bait an what are the bass an other fish hitting on. thank you for the time.