Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Tubby is laughing now!

UNBELIEVABLE! UK has no basketball team for the first time in history!

We have gone from bad to worse with this new coach.

I bet Tubby is still up laughing after last nights game.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tubby is laughing now!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Day View Post

There is something that I don't really understand about this whole UK basketball thing. First of all, let me say that I stopped watching UK during the Tubby era as I couldn't stand to watch what ho was doing to the program. He took over a national title winning program and turned it into a team that could bearly have a winning season but yet everyone praises him for what a wonderful coach that he was. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't, I just couldn't see it if he was.
    Second, people are quick to climb on Billys back if he loses a game (I'm not talking about anyone in particular), but yet he literally has to build a program almost from the ground up.
    People followed Tubby for years while his seasonal records kept falling but won't give a new coach one season. It's going to take a few years to see if he can return the UK name back to its former glory.
    Lee

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I do not believe people realized how far we had dropped. BCG is truly having to rebuild the program. It may very well be year 3 before we see "Kentucky Basketball"

Post Thanks / Like

Rome wasn't built in a day.....

Post Thanks / Like

We ran Tubby off because he couldn't recruit. Now we've got a guy who can't coach. He does have a warm grin, neat hair, and a cool Texas accent. But a basketball coach.....NAH!

I was at the game last night, lower arena, if you ask me,(I know...you didn't) BCG looks like he's stoned or something. He and his players looked bewildered once the fireworks started popping during warm ups.

How do you let an unknown team get up 14-0 on you without calling a time out?

I don't think the "powers that be" will be patient enough to watch BCG learn how to coach a ball team. If you ask me, he's just a substitute coach (since Donovan snubbed us) until we find a good one.
    One thing is for sure, he better not drink and drive......

Post Thanks / Like

Tubby is a good person I really believe that. I also believe he is a good coach, BUT he won the title with someone else's recruits that team did not even need a coach. Tubby's downfall was HE COULD NOT RECRUIT we all know it. I stopped watching UK altogether because of the way Tubby recruited and managed his players. I do not care if you get the top player in the country, if you do not know how, or wont make him better then the end result is what has happened. So some people want to give Billy Gillispie a hard way to go before you give him a chance. Remember he is starting with someone else's recruits that did not recruit very well. Give him a chance, he is what UK basketball USE to be about HARD WORK, DEFENSE and FAST PACED real UK basketball and not Tubby Ball. Now can he make the cut I am not sure but I promise everyone and him this I will give him a fair chance and some time to prove he is a coach and every UK fan should do the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Very true Billy BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT they didn,t lose to a little army lolololololololo----------------------

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by biggw View Post
    Very true Billy BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT they didn,t lose to a little army lolololololololo----------------------

Maybe he was trying to teach his team a lesson.. Thier way don't work. You can't coach the ball just the player.
    Now he has a couple of weeks and this big loss to work on.....

Time gentlemen...time...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Tubby is laughing now!

Any of you Cat and Cardinal Fans who want to jump on the Indiana Hoosier's wagon this year are more than welcome...We'll take a few lumps along the way, but hey who won't.... I'll still root for them win or lose....

Post Thanks / Like

We ran Tubby off because he couldn't recruit. Now we've got a guy who can't coach. He does have a warm grin, neat hair, and a cool Texas accent. But a basketball coach.....NAH!

I was at the game last night, lower arena, if you ask me,(I know...you didn't) BCG looks like he's stoned or something. He and his players looked bewildered once the fireworks started popping during warm ups.

How do you let an unknown team get up 14-0 on you without calling a time out?

I don't think the "powers that be" will be patient enough to watch BCG learn how to coach a ball team. If you ask me, he's just a substitute coach (since Donovan snubbed us) until we find a good one.
    One thing is for sure, he better not drink and drive......
    Bill it seems you feel the same way I do about Steve Kragthorpe. I think he's a heck of a fella but has no clue how to coach a football team. I base this on the stupid moronic stuff he does during the game not the fact that he doesn't win. You are entitled to your own opinion however I think Billy is right if time is given he will be a good choice for you guys. He is a point guard oriented coach and when he starts getting in some really good thinking guards into that program then things will get much better. Bradley has athletic talent to give away but that poor boy probably has trouble thinking his way out of a dark room. A brain surgeon he is NOT. Hang in there it will get better.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure the KSP needed extra patrols this morning on I-75 to watch for jumpers on the Clays Ferry Bridge.

You've got to remember what players that Tubbs left us to work with here. Imagine if we didn't have what players Billy managed to recruit in the last hour...what if there were no Patterson, no Legion, no Stewart? Boy, we'd really **** then. Those boys are the beginning of the future. We're not good yet. We WILL lose our fair share of games this year...count on it. There's a big hole in the middle, ala Morris. A guy like Singleton should see that, come play for the blue, and make a difference. Bradley does nothing to impress me, so if he's the proclaimed "team leader" we're already behind the 8-ball. If Billy Clyde is as advertised, we will be good in time, but we're not going to go from zero to hero in one off-season and a coaching change. I'm not a huge Billy Clyde flag waver just yet, but I'm not going to throw stones yet either...he needs a chance to work...if the unrealistic UK fanbase will just let him. Perfection is a fair goal at UK, but it's going to take time.

Bill, I'll agree with you on one thing...Billy Clyde DOES look like a zombie sometimes. In his pressers the boy can't put together a full sentence and he looked like he was in la-la land lastnight on the sideline. Conditioning is important for the players, but it's important for the coach too. Staying up all night for days in a row going over film and living the bachelor life as UK's head man is going to catch up with him real quick if he doesn't condition himself too. He walked in lastnight with a 5-o'clock shadow and glassy eyes. We need coach Norman Dale here, not "Shooter"...

BUT, I'll keep the faith. With time and patience, we'll be great again.

Post Thanks / Like

Why would Tubby be laughing? Because he ruined the program and tucked tail and ran?

UK is not going to be very good this year, but it's a lot easier to watch them actually do SOMETHING...ANYTHING on offense.