Search Fishin.com

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

Center Hill - 11 Nov

Got a later start on Center Hil; launched from Hurricane Bridge (ramp next to coutesey dock is usable; other ramp is shut off I assume because it drops off with low lake level, 625 feet...fished from 10am-4pm.... Water temp was 62.1 at about 1pm and visibility about 3-4ft.... Fished the mid-lake to the lower end.... Fished primary and secodary points with spinnerbaits, crankbaits, and dropshot...... caught a nice pound and half crappie and one spot that went a little over two pounds..... Fishing was tough at least for me but haven't heard what won the Edd Rogers tourney yet ---teams appeared to be running and gunning all day at least from what I saw on the lower end..... Met up with TNStratos283 later Sunday afternoon ..... what a heck of a great fella and we even know some of the same folks; small world... looking forward to wetting a line with 283 after Thanksgiving....... Hopefully the cool weather next week will drop the water temps below 60...didn't locate any balls of shad on the DF...did see a few balls of shad on top but they disappeared just as quickly as they surfaced.... oh well, today's trip sure beat hanging out at the house and working on "honey-do's" if you know what I mean.... tight lines.....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Center Hill - 11 Nov

Quote Originally Posted by Dover View Post
    Got a later start on Center Hil; launched from Hurricane Bridge (ramp next to coutesey dock is usable; other ramp is shut off I assume because it drops off with low lake level, 625 feet...fished from 10am-4pm.... Water temp was 62.1 at about 1pm and visibility about 3-4ft.... Fished the mid-lake to the lower end.... Fished primary and secodary points with spinnerbaits, crankbaits, and dropshot...... caught a nice pound and half crappie and one spot that went a little over two pounds..... Fishing was tough at least for me but haven't heard what won the Edd Rogers tourney yet ---teams appeared to be running and gunning all day at least from what I saw on the lower end..... Met up with TNStratos283 later Sunday afternoon ..... what a heck of a great fella and we even know some of the same folks; small world... looking forward to wetting a line with 283 after Thanksgiving....... Hopefully the cool weather next week will drop the water temps below 60...didn't locate any balls of shad on the DF...did see a few balls of shad on top but they disappeared just as quickly as they surfaced.... oh well, today's trip sure beat hanging out at the house and working on "honey-do's" if you know what I mean.... tight lines.....
    Dover: Thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure to finally meet you as well...I really enjoyed it and look forward to a trip or two with you in the near future. I launched about the same time as dover and fished the middle to lower end myself. Threw all the above as he stated except for the drop shot plus a mag II worm...my mistake. Fish was suspended up off the bottom alittle and the rattletrap didn't come threw today as I thought to catch a few of them. I ended up with one bite and only one spot about 15 inches long coming off a laydown up in a big creek on the lower end for my efford today...tough tough windy day, especially trying to fish main lake points was near impossible, but still a nice day to be out. I seen a few balls of shad with fish in them, but they were on the move and couldn't keep up with them. Not hardly there yet or make that cold enough where they just stay or suspend in the middle of a pocket or creek where you can get into them with a spoon...but I did pitch it at a couple of surface activity that I seen...but no cigars today...they went back down as quick as they came up. I hung out till right at dark in a efford to redeem myself with that one dink that I caught earlier...but the only thing that I did was make it hard to load the boat by myself on a shallow ramp...won't happen again. Winter is just setting in but I am already looking forward to deeper water and a better bite...as in the spring. I do know where a few more stumps is after today on the bank and in the edge of the water with the low water and will try to captilize on that in a few months when it comes back up. Tight lines and be safe out there...283