Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland Stripers

Thinking about heading to the lake early in the morning, anybody catching any stripers? I know it was pretty slow the past few weeks, wondering if it picked up any this weekend.

Downlines, Boards, or Bottom fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cumberland Stripers

There have been some great days the last few days, but like all fall it's hot and cold. Downriggers have produced the most fish the last few days, followed by bottom fishing and down rods. fish are between 30 - 55 ft deep.

Post Thanks / Like

Fish were up Saturday afternoon. Had the shad trapped in a small cut and stayed up forever. It was a great day!

Post Thanks / Like

That figures, my father in law came to town Friday and I was stuck playing hospitable host til he left Sunday. I gave up on Monday due to the 10-15 mph winds. I would rather fish in the rain than the wind. Thinking about sneaking out Thursday or Friday.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, you really missed your chance to fish in the rain today. LOL...good luck this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

All of our fish were caught on the Gizz 4 last weekend. I've been using them for just over a year and it is by far the best crankbait that I've ever fished. Shad pattern with just a hint of green on the back. Just got word that the fish had moved out of the area we were fishing by Tuesday. Anyone catching any stripers since then?

Post Thanks / Like

Was in Backwaters here in Lex the other day. Noticed they had the Gizz in the deep runner. You tried one of those yet. Looked pretty good.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    Was in Backwaters here in Lex the other day. Noticed they had the Gizz in the deep runner. You tried one of those yet. Looked pretty good.

Andrew
    Hmmmm! Do they also make them in a topwater version?
    and the answer is YES!

Dave.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pro V Le, we are working on some topwater lures. We have two different kinds in the works. Of course I will have to give them a good work out before releasing them to the public . I'm thinking that the stripers will not be able to resist them next spring. Hey CG 1, I will see if shipping will get that Green Pearl Gizz 4 that you ordered out to you pronto. Team Smack will be heading down to Cumberland in the near future if all goes well. It is deep diver time! Cant wait.

Post Thanks / Like

MM, They have also been in the jumps pretty good here lately, or Graph a large school and drop a jigging spoon on their heads.
    Lot's of limits early in short amount of time.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Monroe. the Gizz 4 deep diver works very well also, though it does have a "small" problem. The problem is that you can't keep those brown "trash" fish off it. I like catching smallmouth, but they just don't get 30lbs like the stripes. SMACK is the only crank baits and blade baits that I throw.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pro VE LE, thanks for the report. We have prototype jigging spoons that have done well. They aren't anything like "normal" jigging spoons. CG, thanks for the kind words. Those crankblades will make those smallies laugh at silver buddies. Nothing wrong with the brown fish on this lake. They grow them big. Team Smack is going to try dropping those blades down on the heads of some smallies. Of course our main effort will be throwing deep divers at night for big stripers.