Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Fireplace hazards

My neighbor almost burned her house down by not having her chimney serviced before using it this past weekend. Luckily the Fire Dept. is right around the corner. Be careful!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fireplace hazards

That and also be careful with fall clean up outside. It is so dry here that you can not have a campfire at the campsites in the Smoky Mountains.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 21ssExtreme View Post
    That and also be careful with fall clean up outside. It is so dry here that you can not have a campfire at the campsites in the Smoky Mountains.
    Still that dry there? It was dry when I fished the USA Bassin Classic at Douglas but i thought you had some rain since then. Well it is still dry here when you consider the rain deficit.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see the Mountain Streams or what's left of them. I was camping in the Smokey Mountains sometime between 1986/87 and stayed are the edge of Gatlinburg and the Park. It was dry that year and the water levels were way down. Still Little River had water in it's big pools.

I have never seem those mountain streams full of water. I am sure that at time there is a lot more water in them than when I have been there.

I hope it rains and give you all some relief. I would hate to see a forest fire in that park. We have guarded it for the last 80 years trying to return it to the splendor that it once had before they logged it to death in the late 1880.

Those mountains are so beautiful and they should stay that way.

Smokey the bear says "Only YOU can prevent forest fires".

Quote Originally Posted by 21ssExtreme View Post