Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Float and Fly Get Together in 3 weeks?

Thomas tells me that he has not had any reservation for the Float and Fly weekend. Wuz Up guys? This could be the year you catch that world record wallhanger.. With the lake down and the fish concentrated, not only will they be eating good, they will be getting fat and will be easier to find.
    So start calling Thomas and making those reservations.
    Jim Dicken

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Float and Fly Get Together in 3 weeks?

Just my opinion but, the 3.00 plus fuel. It takes its toll on events like this. It kills the fun and economy at the same time. I might make it but I'm not going to make reservations until I know for 100% certain. But its the motion lotion that slows us down.

Post Thanks / Like

My brother and I were going to stay at Horse Creek, but now he has to go overseas for work. I'm still planning on attending, but since I'm flying solo, I may just come down and get there before 7AM on Saturday to fish.

There's a chance that I could make a reservation still, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Stephen did a seminar at Backwaters in Lexington last Friday night and told us that this would be the yr...

I'm waiting on Elwood. When he's well enough to get to Dale, then I'll come on down. My house hasn't sold yet either. Plus I'm heading to the mountains for Turkey Day for the first time in 5yrs....Can't swing it.

But folks its going to be some good fishing...the lake's low but that won't matter....GO...GO...GO....

Jim does a heck of a job helping folks out....you won't be disapointed

Billy

Post Thanks / Like

Chris and I plan to be there, but just had a death in the family last Sunday 11/11/07 and playing it by ear right now. Get thru Thanksgiving and see how that works.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Float and Fly Get Together in 3 weeks?

11-13-2007, 04:46 PM

Re: Float and Fly Get Together

Just got off the phone with HorseCreek-Resort and booked a room for Friday and Saturday night.

The wife and I plan on arrving in time for the dinner Friday night. My wife does't fish.

Fishrgurl will be joining me in my boat on Saturday.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like

So is your wife jealous of you fishing with such a beautiful woman as Fishrgurl?
    LOL

Post Thanks / Like

We will be there, going to call Thomas today. Plan to fish Fri, Sat, and Sunday. Can't wait to get some of that fruity tooty coffee we had last year at breakfast lol...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Float and Fly Get Together in 3 weeks?

FNF IN 2 WEEKS!!!

2 WEEKS AND COUNTING: Looking forward to time on the Dale Hollow (will be my first time), as well as learning about FNF. Stopped in at Bass Pro (Clarksville, IN) on Tuesday and picked up a few of those "PUNISHER" FNF jigs. I'll be interested to compareing prices on the same itmes once I get to Celina, TN (Ha-Ha). Also, looked for "Bobs Bobbers", but could not find them??? No problem, I'll get them in Celina.

Today, I shopped at the new Granger Mountain store in Evansville, IN. NO FNF TACKEL THERE (not that I could find anyway!). However I did pick up a map of Dale Hollow Lake published by Fishing Hot Spots (one of my favorite map publishers) . So the day was not lost. As I said , I have never been to Dale Hollow and a little "pre-fishing" over the kitchen table with this map can't hurt!

Plan on arriving some time on Friday and certainly in time for the Friday night get together. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF WE HAVE A LOCATION AND TIME YET?

Looking foward to meeting each of you and to a great weekend of fishing (Du--CATCHING!!). I plan of fishing on Saturday and Sunday (weather permitting). Open seat on on my boat Saturday IS TAKEN, BUT SUNDAY MORNING IS STILL OPEN. Give me a PM if you are interested.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Wow - sounds like you're already prepared.

My brother and I practiced on Cumberland this past Saturday. Caught 2 decent keeper smallies (not kept obviously) and 7 KYs on the fly. Lost one SM that was pushing 18-19"

I can't wait to fish Dale Hollow for the first time...hopefully not the last.

Michael