Search Fishin.com

Thread: Umbrela Policy

Post Thanks / Like

Umbrela Policy

I've had an umbrella policy for the last several years. This year it was 42% higher than 2 years ago.
    I called my agent to ask why the sudden jump. I also stated that he had priced himself out of me keeping the policy.
    He investigated and said a "computer error" was involved and that my rate was a mistake and would be corrected.
    I guess the moral of the story is that whenever any cost increases too much, call and ask why. Mistakes can occur and the squeaky wheel does get the grease and not the shaft!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Umbrela Policy

you would be amazed by what they will try, chances are 5 out of 10 folks would just write out the check and blame it on the times. You set a good point always question a price change when nothing else has changed.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Umbrela Policy

I work in IT, and one thing that just burns me up is when people screw up and then try and write it off as a "computer error." I know better. Computers themselves don't just up and make mistakes like that. Somebody had to input some bad data. People make mistakes, and I would have no problem with it if they'd just admit it, but trying to palm it off as "computer error" is just dishonest.