Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Basstrix paddle tubes......

Has anyone fished these? I have tried the 4.5" and the 6" especially after the water temps have fallen, and i have yet to get a bite. I am using 1/16 and 1/8 weighted hooks and a slow to med retrieve around structure. Any suggestions?
    BTW i hear a local company is planning to come out with a cheaper knock off soon. thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Basstrix paddle tubes......

Quote Originally Posted by joeyblueblood View Post
    Has anyone fished these? I have tried the 4.5" and the 6" especially after the water temps have fallen, and i have yet to get a bite. I am using 1/16 and 1/8 weighted hooks and a slow to med retrieve around structure. Any suggestions?
    BTW i hear a local company is planning to come out with a cheaper knock off soon. thanks guys.
    The tackle industry is famous for the knock offs! Man. thats a tough business....I have never seen those tubes Are they at BassPro?

Post Thanks / Like

nope...they are very hard to find. there was an article in november bass master. steve kennedy bought 3500.00 worth. basstrix is about 90 day back order. go on ebay and search basstrix. backwater sells them but are sold out.
    you can get knock offs online at tackle warehouse.com and landbigfish.com.

as i said, i have some and fished cedar creek and cumberland this fall but no luck. they have killer action and would be ideal to swim over submerged grass.
    maybe i'll have better luck this spring

Post Thanks / Like

i have bought some but not tried. i was told to fish them deep 20-25 feet at c-land for kentucky's with a slow retrieve.

Post Thanks / Like

On the Photo board there are some pictures of a nice smallie and Ky. It looks as if the bait is a Basstrix. They have some killer action, I can tell you that.

Post Thanks / Like

We carry bass trix and they go fast, the ones your speaking of just came in and they are flying off the shelves (or pegs)

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

have been using them since spring. have caught smallmouth and KY mainly. best time i had was late summer fishing them over schools of suspended KY. they will come up and destroy them. have used both the weighted ewg type hooks and jig head. expect that they will be deadly this winter (smaller sizes cranked just slow enough to move the tail). wouldn't you also know that my best color happened to be the one that was shown on the cover! the fish on the photo board (that i posted) were off of a different swim bait (Huddleston). i have also had success with the little dipper. BTW most of the seasoned anglers here and dale will tell you that from late winter through early spring that "long johns" and grubs are hard to beat. truly the "original" swim baits.

Post Thanks / Like

are you guys talking about beaver tail plastics? the smaller ones under 3 inches are murder on trout.