Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Green River Lake info

Anybody been to Green and can tell me the lake conditions? Did the recent rain make it muddy? Is anybody catching anything?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Green River Lake info

Can't help with fishing,but just check the Hydrograft and see they have started the draw down. Dropping around 6" a day and down 4.5' from summer pool.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished a tourney Dec 1st, water from fishers bend to river real muddy. Staind up to the Butler creek from there to Lone valley is pretty clear. The bass are bitting pretty good on the main lake. Out of 7 boats 4 had six fish limits ranging from 8.5 to 12.5lbs with plenty of 3lbs plus kickers, There was a 4lb largemouth and a 4lb smallie wighed in, the week before we boated a 5lb smallie and several 3lb plus largemouth. The bass are at diffrent depths had a 3.5lb out of less then two feet of water, but most are about 10 to 15 feet. We took most of our fish on pumpkin finesse jigs and yum craw bugs. Heard a few are having luck with cranks but I cant get a bite on one. The crappie fishing is good and in about 15 to 20 feet The water temp Sat was around 51, hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, that was good info. I was actually wanting to try a little float and fly fishing and thought Green might be the place to go. If I decide to go to Green, I will let you all know how I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Never done much Fishin in the winter down there till this year really suprised me, a few years ago, I think it was January I was messin around on green tryin to learn the F-N-F thing and proballly broke off the biggest smallmouth i have ever had on the end of my line. The fish was well over 8. Still bothers me to this day I think that is why I dont like F-N-F fishing. Give me a jig or a whirley bee any day. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Wenger,

Call me on my cell. I fished down there the weekend before Thanksgiving. Might be able to help you some.

Skeeter

502-744-5553

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Company View Post
    Never done much Fishin in the winter down there till this year really suprised me, a few years ago, I think it was January I was messin around on green tryin to learn the F-N-F thing and proballly broke off the biggest smallmouth i have ever had on the end of my line. The fish was well over 8. Still bothers me to this day I think that is why I dont like F-N-F fishing. Give me a jig or a whirley bee any day. Good Luck
    I'll see if I can catch him/her for you!!!! Now that would be a story for the first time float and fly user. Looks like Sunday might be the better day!

Skeeter---I'll holler at you.

Post Thanks / Like

If your down on sunday, look for a white and blue bassmaster with a grey johnson 150, we'll be on the main lake from holmes bend to the dam. If were gettin bit we might help you out or if your gettin bit you might be able to help us. But I think the bite will be pretty good if it holds up like it has been the past 3 weeks.

Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

I'll probably see you. That's about the area I was going to concentrate on, beings it's probably the cleanest. Sunday's temps are supposed to be in the upper 60's and partly cloudy. Hope it holds out.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not a blue bassmaster - it's purple

Post Thanks / Like

It' midnight blue, well ok its purple in certian light, but she'll scream for a 150.