Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sandestin FL Fishing

Has anyone fished the golf course lakes in the Sandestin FL resort complex lately? I will be down with the family over Christmas with my grandson. My main experience was during Spring break several years ago and most recently in early November.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Sandestin FL Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRunt View Post
    Has anyone fished the golf course lakes in the Sandestin FL resort complex lately? I will be down with the family over Christmas with my grandson. My main experience was during Spring break several years ago and most recently in early November.
    I have fished them the last 3 years in late october. Last year the mac daddy was an 8" zoom worm, in Junebug. Year before was a bird dog in red shad. Everything I use there is dark because of the black water. Never done any good on cranks or spinners. I had a guy from Iowa laughing at me for using a 10" uncle charlies worm with a 1/8 oz sinker until I caught 2 4# in a row. He couldn't believe it.He had never seen anything rigged like that. I struggled until I finally got fed up and went "ky old school" just fished for them like we do at home. Don't be scared to throw a texas rig in that shallow water cause I think they don't see it there very often.