Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Float and Fly Get Together????

Well let's see some pics and here some fish stories, I'm ready to hear all about it. It was an absolute deluge monsoon in my neck of the woods yesterday, Sunday, I hope it was alot better where you boys were.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Float and Fly Get Together????

AAAAAAAAAA 24 views and no responses, you guys did have the get together right ????????????

Post Thanks / Like

They did have the get together, although I can't comment on a lot of it since I showed up at the advertised time on Friday for dinner and the seminar and they were basically finished. I guess they made the call to start earlier at the last minute, but I had driven down based on info on this site.

Also, I fished with Boone on Saturday from 7AM-1PM (thanks again for letting me in your boat!), and it was very slow for us. We caught one 14.75" SM and really didn't have a lot of pulldowns other than just a couple. I left before the weigh-in to drive back home.

I had a PM from Boone saying that it was slow for everyone and there was one 20" SM caught.

Other than that, I do not know much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishrgurl View Post
    They did have the get together, although I can't comment on a lot of it since I showed up at the advertised time on Friday for dinner and the seminar and they were basically finished. I guess they made the call to start earlier at the last minute, but I had driven down based on info on this site.

Also, I fished with Boone on Saturday from 7AM-1PM (thanks again for letting me in your boat!), and it was very slow for us. We caught one 14.75" SM and really didn't have a lot of pulldowns other than just a couple. I left before the weigh-in to drive back home.

I had a PM from Boone saying that it was slow for everyone and there was one 20" SM caught.

Other than that, I do not know much.
    Thanks Michael for the info, sounds really slow, this weather is a bear right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Thanks Michael for the info, sounds really slow, this weather is a bear right now.
    You're welcome. I should add that I believe there were about 7-8 people there from what I could tell.

Post Thanks / Like

We fished Friday, had a 12" smallmouth on the fly, all in the slot limit. Then Saturday, we only had, in the rain, 3 fish, one was 16 1/2'', one was 17 1/2'' and one was 20 1/2''. We only had 3 bites all day.

The link to for the picture of the biggest fish we caught is:

http://fishin.com/forums2/showthread.php?t=64047

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Float and Fly Get Together????

So, as a whole our FNF group didn't do that well, but we got out on the water for a bit. If you look at link posted later in this thread, you can see what was catching the majority of the fish. I tend to think it was just a little early for FNF. Water tempearture was 54-55 deg.

Also met other great Dale Hollow fishermen (Tom Pendergrass and Ellis Bevill, aka Pillroller) and learned a bit about the lake, as well as a GOOD TN board for Dale Hollow SM information.

Take a look at
    http://www.smalljaw.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1464

Gary

Post Thanks / Like

I like the FNF, but at times its always good to have a couple of rods rigged with either spin rites, silver buddies, and tubes.hope i never need to use live bait,but they have been doing good using alewives.

Post Thanks / Like

Slooooow fishin Saturday. Heard fishin was better Friday. Some caught a few that were in the slot. Rainy and foggy on the drive down, while there and on the drive back. Warm. It was good to get away and be out on the water.

Peter