Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Your Christmas Blessing

I would like to wish all a Merry Christmas this year and ask you to hold those you love extra close. Tell them many times each day that you love them. I did, and am so glad that I did.

Here's why. Four weeks ago I buried my Mother who died unexpectedly. EXACTLY 30 days later, last Sunday night, my brother was killed in an automobile accident. My emotions are so raw right now that I feel as if I will never recover from all this pain and grief. I struggle every day to put one foot in front of the other and keep moving with my life. I've cried what seems like rivers of tears. My mother and brother lived in another state but we talked every day by phone, never forgetting to say, "I love you." Now my phone is silent never to hear their voice again. I've gone to it a thousand times to call them, and then I remember........they're gone, forever.

As you sit down to Christmas dinner with your family, be sure and say a prayer of "thanks" for your loving family. Merry Christmas to all.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your Christmas Blessing

Sorry to hear of your loss I can't imagine the grief and I can read it in your words. Hang in there things do get better and hopefully you have a relationship with Jesus to help you through the grief and understanding. Thanks for the advice as I have family in another state as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Very sorry to read about your loss. I lost my mother, my grandmother and my uncle all within a month some years ago just before Christmas. Losing one family member is never easy, losing multiple family members is a heavy load to bear but faith and time are healing factors. I know what you mean about the silence of the phone...I still find myself now and then thinking about picking up the phone and calling my mother.

Post Thanks / Like

As you can tell with the folks on this site, you never have to row your boat alone.
    The month of December hits alot of us hard. My late brother who was killed in an accident at 21, was born on DEC. 8TH, and killed on Jan 2nd. My Father passed away on Dec. 2nd. My mother was diangnosed with cancer in Dec. and we lost her 6 months later. Then i lost a daughter to ALS, who was also diagnosed in the month of Dec. So it makes it very hard to enter into a month of such a joyous time with Jesus Christ, but hold the fear close to you in knowing that this time is not without sadness and worry.
    I have always tried to live this month through my children and grandkids,being able to salvage myself through their excitement and smiles.
    To all, may you have a Merry Christmas, cherish what and who you have and God Bless each one of you!!

Post Thanks / Like

As I read all of your post I can feel your pain, it's awful what has happened to you all. I've lost my father, sister and brother since 2001. I have one brother left and my mother and she is 78 and not doing all that great. I say this because I want you to know that you can and will make it through this and see them again some day in the next life. The way you started your post was right on the money and it's those kinda things that are truely important. I sometimes feel like I know some of you guys on this site even though we have never met in person. God must have made most outdoorsmen from the same thread as most have hearts as big as their boats. Godbless you and your family and may you always hold the memories in your heart. Merry Christmas to all you fellas, sorry for getting emotional but his post really moved me.