Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ramps open at Dale Hollow?

I will be at Dale on Dec. 18-21 and was wondering what ramps are usable due to the extremely low lake? I will be fishing down the lake a few days and up the lake the next few. So what ramps are open by the dam? How about Horse Creek, Pleasant Grove, Cedar Hill? And what about up the lake, is Sulphur Creek usable?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Cookeville, Tennessee, God Bless America.
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ramps open at Dale Hollow?

Horse Creek is open and very usable.....

Post Thanks / Like

I second the Horse Creek ramp, had no trouble at all with 21' boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishmanrq View Post
    I will be at Dale on Dec. 18-21 and was wondering what ramps are usable due to the extremely low lake? I will be fishing down the lake a few days and up the lake the next few. So what ramps are open by the dam? How about Horse Creek, Pleasant Grove, Cedar Hill? And what about up the lake, is Sulphur Creek usable?

There are nine boat ramps that are currently not useable. Those are Cedar Hill (North), Sulphur Creek #1, Wolf River #1, Eagles Cove #1, Star Point #1, Star Point #2, East Port #1, Wolf River Bridge and Comptons Bottom. Since a 20-foot patrol boat equipped with a 200 hp outboard requires 2.8 feet of water to launch, most other ramps on Dale Hollow will not be useable at elevation 636. Only Dale Hollow State Park Ramp, Sunset and East Port #2 (on point) would have enough water to launch a boat that large. Only very small craft might be launched at Obey (day use), Plankyard, Sulphur Creek #2, and Star Point #3 (old Hwy 53).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishmanrq View Post

Don't know about cedar hill, but I launched out of horse creek two weeks ago with no problem and the smalljaw tourney launched there last week as well. Thomas, there at horse creek has commited to keeping his ramp behind the office useable all winter and is doing a great job of it. Just don't use the big motor to power load your boat and wash all the gravel out. He is really working hard to keep us a place to launch on the lower end. Monday or tuesday of this past week the corp also added a 40 foot slab of concrete onto the end of the ramp at pleasant grove, so it should be in great shape as well.