Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Investment decision

In anticipation of my upcoming retirement, I closed an account with Fidelity and requested funds be sent by check to me. My question: How should I invest or spend the sum of $2.24 (Two dollars and twenty-four cents) that was in the Fidelity account?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Investment decision

Invest it in gasoline futures...it is bound to go up....lol

Post Thanks / Like

Before investing, I would study what an investment of that size would do as far of a financial impact if the investment does not pan out. Good luck and be careful.

Post Thanks / Like

If I were you I would consider the impact on the economy of moving such a large sum. There are many people that could be affected. While considering you should request that it be stored at Ft Knox for security. Having that much laying around the house could be detrimental to the safety of you and your family. There are a lot of crazies out there! Investing in gasoline would be risky business due to the whirlwind pace our country is converting to alternate fuels and hybrid technology. You could wake up broke in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Find a good mutual fund and re-invest it. In a couple years, you might have three or four bucks!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Investment decision

Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    In anticipation of my upcoming retirement, I closed an account with Fidelity and requested funds be sent by check to me. My question: How should I invest or spend the sum of $2.24 (Two dollars and twenty-four cents) that was in the Fidelity account?
    I would suggest diversifying your investment.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Investment decision

You could always hire a financial adviser, accountant and a lawyer, have a sitdown and figure out what to do with all that money.

Or you could take my advice and go buy a 24oz bottle of bud for a little less than you have, drink it all and after a little while go piss it down the drain. You'll still have a few pennies left over in your pocket from your short term investment.

No charge for my advice either!

Merry Christmas to all.............!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    On a serious note....if it's not to personal did you invest in Domestic or European or Asian companies to build your portfolio? Just curious as I recently updated mine. Would love to know from someone with experience.

Post Thanks / Like

All investment advisers tell us not to put all our eggs in one basket. DIVERSIFY! You need to put your $2.24 into a portfolio with at least ten different stocks and/or stocks and bonds.

Seriously, I wish you could do what my friend, Jeff, did a few years ago when K-Mart tanked. One day he came by and said that he had bought 5,000 shares of K-Mart stock at $1.09/share. We all laughed, hysterically, swearing he was not a wise investor. He said, "Laugh now, cry later," and that was all he said. Well, KMRT became SHLD (Sears Holdings Corp.) and the stock is now at $104.70 per share.

Post Thanks / Like

Kick in some additional funds and buy a lottery ticket.

Post Thanks / Like

Lottery=self imposed tax No thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Boy you got that right. Self imposed tax is right.

People that gamble with the lotter should take some classes in Statistics and study the laws of probability and understand those laws better. If they did that they would figure out really quick that the lottery is just another tax to help make the people in power richer and those that buy lottery tickets poorer.

But, I also know two different people that have won multimillion dollar lotteries and are sitting pretty right now. They were the lucky ones.

One of them won about 40 million dollars. He is a pretty good guy and if anyone deserved to win that money it was him. The other guy that won just a couple million.

I don't gamble when the odds are heavily in the other guys favor. That would be like offering to pay more on my tax bills. I may as well throw my hard earned money into the air and let the wind scatter it around for someone else to pick up and spend. Nope I don't think I will be doing that any time soon. I worked too hard for that money to just throw it away on a slim to none chance that I make make more money than I paid out.