Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Poaching on Dale Hollow

I've recently witnessed some guys fishing live bait that were putting fish on a stringer tied to the bank. I wanted to report them, but didn't know the number to call. I wondered if anyone knew a hotline with dispatch or something?

I've seen a couple others who claim to not know the slot and possession limits, but that's a different issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poaching on Dale Hollow

1-8oo-25-alert

Post Thanks / Like

"I've seen a couple others who claim to not know the slot and possession limits, but that's a different issue."
    Yeah, at one of the tournies a few guys had some short fish (this lake has a 15" minimum all other lakes we fish are 12"). So they bring their bag to the scale and realize their mistake (honest mistake) but the Game Warden showed no mercy. Not knowing the rules can be costly!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks RR. I knew it was something easy to remember.

Post Thanks / Like

no problem, I wish more people would use it...There might be a snagging season in Ind.this year if they did!! Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

if you use the state dock, there is a free phone for the lodge let them know there is an issue an see if the ranger is working, I did so a couple weeks ago, I have yet to see if it worked out, he told me he was trying to reach the game warden which led me to believe he didnt have the authority, but the motion was set in place.

Post Thanks / Like

If it was in Tennessee I was told to call the number 931-484-9571. Cell phone service is not very good at Dale unless you have Verizon. Most of the docks have pay phones though.

It sounds like the same guys that were down there after Thanksgiving with a stringer full of slots. Hopefully the Game Warden will be able to explain the size limits to these scum in a very painful way.

Who would eat a smallmouth anyway? I always heard they were poisonous and eating the smallest amount will make you impotent for life.

Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Ray,
    It was those guys. Just across from 1st Island. Thanks for the number.

You make an excellent point. Dale has a number of other options that are much more tastey and safe. Walleye, Trout, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

It was those guys. Just across from 1st Island.

I plan on being on the water next week, were these guys on the south shore just below the Holly Cr cut? where the bank transitions to the bluff wall?
    I saw a couple of boats there bank fishing a few weeks ago, just wondering if this is the spot you saw these rats ?

Post Thanks / Like

They were there as well....same guys. As I recall, their boat had like a big orange stripe or marking on it. This was just after Thanksgiving.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I've seen a game warden form either state on the water during the winter the last couple of years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RayP View Post
    If it was in Tennessee I was told to call the number 931-484-9571. Cell phone service is not very good at Dale unless you have Verizon. Most of the docks have pay phones though.

It sounds like the same guys that were down there after Thanksgiving with a stringer full of slots. Hopefully the Game Warden will be able to explain the size limits to these scum in a very painful way.

Who would eat a smallmouth anyway? I always heard they were poisonous and eating the smallest amount will make you impotent for life.

Ray
    I love it, ha ha. They are deadly to eat and will shrink manhood. In fact those that keep undersized or illegal brownbass have no manhood. I ve seen it at Cumberland too many times to mention. Guys standing at the docks cleaning less than 18 inch fish and not a game warden to be found. The striper guides are cleaning that lake out of smallmouth anyway, I better stop now before I start to offend some viewers.