Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

new christmas song

Have you guys heard the new christmas song, being sung by a six year old girl, who writes a letter to santa wanting her Dad by from the Army for christmas. One line is all ai want is for my dad to be there by the tree on christmas morning, he could ride back with you in your sleigh. Man it made a tear fall from these old eyes. I was reminded of the years when I was in the Army and my little girl would cry every time she saw me take out my duffel bag I ask her if the bag scared her and she said no the bag was just bad luck, every time you pack it you leave us again. Then one morning I had an early formation and we were flying out for 60 days on a training mission. We were not scheduled to get home until the 20th of December, I went in my daughters room to steal one last kiss and a hug while she slept. when I went in her room she lay there with her eyes wide open, red and swollen and I was afraid she was sick. But she said she heard our clock go off and she knew it was time for me to leave and she begged me not to go, and then said those a words that ripped out my heart, daddy if you love me you won't go. Man I was 26 years old and a platoon Sgt. and the lead scout for our division and I was crying like a baby. I went to the door and went to grab my old duffel bag and it was gone. She had drug that bag out and tryed to hide it on the balcony, that thing weighed more than she did. I was glad formation was outside and in the dark that morning. three hours later we were loaded and the convoy was pulling out and the families were there to see us off, for two hours not one family man said a word and there must have been a lot of dust that morning seemed like everyone had something in their eyes. I hope some day soon no other little boy or girl will be wishing for daddy to come home for christmas. Remember our troops and their families if you know some give them an extra smile and a big hello and a merry Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: new christmas song

Man I'm a softie when it comes to stuff like that. Heck, half the time in church I have something in my eye, especially around Christmas, Easter and Fathers day.

Post Thanks / Like

There must be something wrong with my glasses. My eyes keep watering...

Post Thanks / Like

Just lost my mother in November and there is a song on the radio about a boy wanting to buy a pair of shoes for his sick mother to meet Jesus that I just cannot take. Have to tune the station or pull off the road for a while when it is on.