Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jamestown: Shiners

Where is the best place to get shiners around Jamestown for striper fishing? Ideally, would like a place that is open about 2 hours before first light. I know the BP store right outside of Jamestown. There is also the small hotel/bait shop on the right on the road to Jamestown.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jamestown: Shiners

The BP bass pro outlet in Jamestown on 127 has them. The ole Bandits that you referred to is under new ownership, I don't think you'll be able to get bait there but I'm not sure. I heard Dennis is back and selling bait again, but I don't know????? He was the owner of the old Bandits and man has that placed changed and went down hill. A room there now costs what the Ramada does in Louisville, LOL, LOL. They don't get anymore of my money, waaaaaaaay overpriced.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a phone number to the BP Pro Bass Outlet store? We normally stay at Timberpointe. It has a big area to turn your boat around and good electrical hookups. They have efficiency kitchens, so you can do your own cooking. It is located at the top of the hill from Jamestown. It is on your right when going to the ramp. They normally had the big blinking sign with an arrow point the way up to the resort.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimDi View Post
    Do you have a phone number to the BP Pro Bass Outlet store? We normally stay at Timberpointe. It has a big area to turn your boat around and good electrical hookups. They have efficiency kitchens, so you can do your own cooking. It is located at the top of the hill from Jamestown. It is on your right when going to the ramp. They normally had the big blinking sign with an arrow point the way up to the resort.
    (270) 866-7575, 2573 South HGY 127 Russell Springs right before you get into Jamestown on your right. Yes I'm very familar with Timberpointe as my in-laws had a camp there for several years and stayed with them there fairly often. Good luck and give us a report when you return.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Jamestown: Shiners

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    The BP bass pro outlet in Jamestown on 127 has them. The ole Bandits that you referred to is under new ownership, I don't think you'll be able to get bait there but I'm not sure. I heard Dennis is back and selling bait again, but I don't know????? He was the owner of the old Bandits and man has that placed changed and went down hill. A room there now costs what the Ramada does in Louisville, LOL, LOL. They don't get anymore of my money, waaaaaaaay overpriced.
    No Bait Shop. He (Dennis) came back and built a new bait shop, but for what ever reason, he closed up shop in less than a year, also closed up his house, sold the furnishing and ........?

Two other places come to mind. One is located on the left after you pass the Bass Pro Shop, if you are going toward Jamestown. Don't recall the name, but it is service station and seem to recall it as being a BP station. The next one is south of Jamestown and will be on your left as you are going toward Wolf Creek Dam. Again don't recall the name, again I believe it is a BP station. They carry a full line of bait, some fishing supplies, grocery supplies and operate a grill. Not a bad place to stop in for breakfast or to pick up a bag lunch.

Gary

PS, have also heard about changes to the motel. Anyone have suggestions on places for a fisherman to stay in the Jamestown area? Glean room and sheets is all this old fisherman needs.
    Last edited by FlyLie; 12-31-2007 at 06:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes... I have bought bait at the BP station many times. I am from Louisville and used to get it from Bull Frog Creek, but they closed this year. Only other place in Louisville to get the bait is Smyrna Bait and Tackle.