Search Fishin.com

Thread: Lasik update

Post Thanks / Like

Lasik update

I had lasik the weekend before Christmas........

* Before surgery, my eyesite was 20/480 and 20/520, or something like that.

* 1 day after surgery.........my eyesite was 20/30 and 20/35, and a little fuzzy.

* 2 1/2 weeks after surgery.........my eyesite is 20/20 in both eyes. Halo effect is nearly gone.......

I will probably need reading glasses, as tying my magical DALE Hollow AP-3000 is getting a little tough.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lasik update

I had Lasik done in 2003. Best thing I have ever done. I was 20/400 and 20/420 now I am 20/20. Well worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

My Cousin had his eyes fixed while he was still in the Navy. They paid for it and it was a complete success. I would love to have it done but I am still leary of anything cutting into my eyse. LOL

My 82 year old mother had a cataract replace last year and she said that it was still kind of blurry like her other eye. She refused to have the other eye operated on as she didn't think the first operation did that much good. The new lense was put in her worse eye I guess. But the other eye was the same age so that lense would most likely be a cloudy as the eye they operated on.

As you age the lenses get harder and less flexable. When you are young the muscles attached to the lenses pull on them and make them flex to help you adjust from far away objects to close up objects. So I think that's how they work. And not only do they become less flexable but they cloud up as you get really old in some people. Normally as you reach 50 or older you will first noticed this problem.

I am glad that you operations worked out for you two guys.

My eyesight is pretty bad but I can see ok with these new eyeglasses. But I have to wear trifocals. I went with the heavy plastic so that the denser plastic makes the lenses thinner. And I have the no line trifocals. Before they develped this new optical plastic lenses my lenses were like the bottom of an old coke bottle. Thicker than molasses. LOL

I tried wearing contacts but I have an astigsim and that makes getting the contacts fitted harder. They now make some new contacts that are weighted at the bottom so that they can correct for astigsims now. But those don't help with the farsightedness. I would need reading glasses to wear with the contacts while reading text up close. That's a bummer. It's a paid getting old!

Even with my new trifocals I find myself removing my eyeglasses to see things up close better.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I had lasik the weekend before Christmas........

* Before surgery, my eyesite was 20/480 and 20/520, or something like that.

* 1 day after surgery.........my eyesite was 20/30 and 20/35, and a little fuzzy.

* 2 1/2 weeks after surgery.........my eyesite is 20/20 in both eyes. Halo effect is nearly gone.......

I will probably need reading glasses, as tying my magical DALE Hollow AP-3000 is getting a little tough.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Guys I read some article about Lasik and I want to share this to you. Since im also planning to undergo an eye surgery in a couple of months from now but I have a diabetes I hope this can also give you some info about Lasik. Just in case you want to have a vision correction in the near future without the help of glasses or contacts. Anyway, Lasik, stands for Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis. The LASIK procedure is a precise and controlled removal of corneal tissue by a special laser that reshapes the cornea in order to change its focusing power. To be considered for this surgery, a technician must first scan your eyes in order to create a detailed map. By doing this, he or she will be able to adjust the laser to your exact requirements in order to determine whether or not the surgery is possible. You can also see more complete information about the Lasik in www.my2020.com