Search Fishin.com

Thread: Maps

Post Thanks / Like

Question Maps

In another thread, MsgMills mentioned the topo maps they sell at Wal-Mart, and I was wondering... I have that big book of maps they sell there, and it seems to me that they're pretty dated. For one thing, it shows the trough in Guist Creek as being 40 ft. deep all the way around the bend right on up to the dam, and I really don't think it is (is it?). Are the individual lake maps they sell there worth the money? What's the best place to buy maps of KY waterbodies?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Maps

I can't speak for the other lakes in Ky but I can tell you hands down the best paper maps of Ky Lake and Lake Barkley is the Atlantic GPS map, sold in good tackle shops down here and Bass Pro carries them.

If you want a map to show you underwater cover here the best maps by far are the Kentucky Hydrografx maps sold on the internet and at some of the boat shows. These maps do not cover the entirity of the lakes here but do cover selected areas. These maps are on cd and the sonar maps will even show you 3d pics of the ledges etc...there is also a side scan set of maps that will show you the hidden brush piles, stake beds, logs, stumps, sunken boats etc....these are worth checking out if you are going to be a serious bass or crappie angler on these lakes. You can find a link to the Kentucky Hydrografx website on the Kentucky Lakes Fishing Report here on this site...it is on the page with my fishing report on the left margin.