Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shed hunting??

Post Thanks / Like

Question Shed hunting??

I know I'm jumpin the gun and it's too early but by chance has anybody been out yet??? I'm itchin to go already, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shed hunting??

i found a huge 8 pointer the rack and skull. he was a huge boy i found him and three does along a creek bank. i myself cant wait to find soe in the woods.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the bucks are dropping them already, right? I saw a couple of bucks with only half a rack this past weekend and figured it had started...

Post Thanks / Like

I always heard it was anywhere from Dec.-Feb., and when they fall off the re-growth period starts right after. I cant wait to look myself, has anyone ever tried to make one of those feeder/antler collector. I always wanted to but never have, you can also buy them already made.

Post Thanks / Like

Took a long walk yesterday afternoon and seen lots of deer. No sheds and all the bucks I saw were still wearing the head gear. Art that's good news that you are already seeing bucks with half racks, that's gonna make me get out there and start looking harder. Tracker finding those dead ones by the creekbank indicates death from EHD. They go to the nearest water source when they become infected by that stuff. You guys keep me posted and I'll do the same on when one of us find the first shed, good luck guys.

Post Thanks / Like

i was out yesterday had a case of deer fever and had to go see doctor woods. lmao i did not do much walking but the in my area also had their racks on them. yeah when i found those deer that is what i though. i am not sure how to score a rack but the girth of his rack is bigger than my 50 cal muzzle loader.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tracker4stroke View Post
    i was out yesterday had a case of deer fever and had to go see doctor woods. lmao i did not do much walking but the in my area also had their racks on them. yeah when i found those deer that is what i though. i am not sure how to score a rack but the girth of his rack is bigger than my 50 cal muzzle loader.
    Tracker, go to the Boone and Crockett web site and you can print out exactly how to score a rack, it's actually quite easy. Keep looking and I'll do the same we'll find'em fairly soon.

Post Thanks / Like

i do alot of walking in the otter creek park in meade county i have done some good out there in the years past.

Post Thanks / Like

Found a small three point side, but it was from last year though. Squirrels hadn't even touched it, it was small. Seeing lots of deer hitting the fields, everything is still wearing head gear, but it's got to be getting close. Keep in mind fellas the big ones fall off first.

Post Thanks / Like

i am going out squirrel hunting this weekend. i know i will also be keeping my eyes on the ground also.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one coming to the feeder that has lost both sides. Had a beautiful 9 pointer at it also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raporter View Post
    I have one coming to the feeder that has lost both sides. Had a beautiful 9 pointer at it also.
    Thanks, great info to have.