Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Letter from my Broadband Provider

Note. The names have been changed to protect the guilty.

Dear Tyme2fish,
    Welcome to XYZ REWARDS.
    As you are now coming to the end of your special 12-month offer, I want to take a moment to say "thanks for your business," and also introduce you to our cool new XYZ REWARDS program.

When your current offer ends,we'll place you into the XYZ REWARDS pricing plan that we have designed exclusively for folks like you who are completing one of our special full year offers.

At this time your discounted package will increase by just $4.95 per month.

It took them that long to say, Get out the KY Jelley because we are increasing your rates 12.5%. I sure am happy I'm a "preferred" customer. I'd hate to see what the increase would be if I wasn't "preferred".

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Letter from my Broadband Provider

I had the same deal and after mine expired and they were going to raise my rates. I called and told them if they wanted to keep my business they would have to keep giving me the same price. They did just that, and the last thing the lady said at the end of the phone call was: Sir now next year when you get the letter again about increasing your rates, just give us a call and we'll keep you at the same rate. But if you don't call and complain, we'll raise your rates..... So I'm going to keep calling and get my cable for less each month..... worth the phone call to me....*** TRUE STORY ***

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Letter from my Broadband Provider

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    I had the same deal and after mine expired and they were going to raise my rates. I called and told them if they wanted to keep my business they would have to keep giving me the same price. They did just that, and the last thing the lady said at the end of the phone call was: Sir now next year when you get the letter again about increasing your rates, just give us a call and we'll keep you at the same rate. But if you don't call and complain, we'll raise your rates..... So I'm going to keep calling and get my cable for less each month..... worth the phone call to me....*** TRUE STORY ***
    I totally believe it! Squeaky wheel gets the grease!