Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Is this normal???

Hey there fellow anglers.
    I have a good friend who goes fishing with me most of the time. The guy gets frustrated because, "I am lucky, and always catch the big one". He joined a bass club and goes tourney fishing quite often, in hopes of changing his luck. Alas, he still throws sea weed on me when I drag in the massive sow. His name is Shawn and wants to know, "is this normal" for one person on the boat using the same techniqe, lure, and presentation can be lucky as his buddie.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is this normal???

I had it explained to me The guy I was fishing with fished 3-4 times a week I fished mabee 2 time a month, He said I was getting bit just as much but did not feel them? We fished mostly plastics.
    Rowdy

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes it is how much seat-time (experience) one has. It can be the "little" things learn that makes the difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Is he in the back of the boat? I have always referred to that as the "loser's section". Ha!

Post Thanks / Like

My Buddies And I Call It "fish Stink".....you Either Have It Or You Don't! Really.....it's More Like A Fish "sense" That Is Acquired After Years Of Fishing. I've Been Accused Of Having This By My Buddies.....which Is Ok With Me! I Can't Count The Number Of Times We'd Be Using The Exact Same Set-up, But I Was Killing 'em And My Buddy Was Struggling! Weird! It Seems When I'm Fishing, That I Can "sense" Where A Fish Is Sitting....it's Like I Know I'm Going To Get Hit Before I Make The Cast? I Know A Couple Other People Like This....especially My Older Bro. He's Amazing! Must Be Genetic? Ha Ha!

Post Thanks / Like

Been there done that,,,, My son only fishes with me maybe 5 times a year. I get on a good bite some where and I call him to come running. He is a slow methodical type person at work as well as in everything else. It always happens he puts it on me, same bait, line, . He drags the bait sometimes not even lifting the rod as the boat is moving. That is his winning technique from the back of the boat. At least it's my son and if someone is going to smoke me at least it's him

Post Thanks / Like

I Don't Know If This Happens To Other People, But It Seems I'll Be All Alone And Find A Spot And Just Kill 'em......then As Soon As I Bring Somebody Back To Hit It Again.....nothing! Same Conditions And Everything! I've Gotten To The Point Where I Try Not Tell My Buddies How Good I Did Last Time, Just To Avoid The Disappointment Of Hyping It Up To Only Not Catch Anything! I Think It's A Curse! Weird!

Post Thanks / Like

Help Me!!

Guys help me out !!! I fish alot of tourny (I do quit well) I am a fast fisherman i like to cover alot of water in a short period of time.I have a best friend (50-60s age) that always want to go fishing with me and wants me to be his teacher I guess, He gets mad cause he can throw the same Lures and cant produce Yeah he sits on the back and i know that makes a differance but he tells me to slow down and just complains that i fish to fast when im trying to throw a spinner bait he is throwing a jig he when i throw a worm he throws rattle trap i think he is a little on the lazy side i have to do everything for him.Really i think he just enjoys watching me catch alot of fish for his fish fry that im never invited so if your ever invited to Harold fish fry i caught them for him

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoy the back of the boat when I get to get back there where there is no trolling motor to keep up with and you get to complain about boat position.I've got a buddy with that fish sense and all I have to do to slow him up and equal out the numbers is make him run the motor.LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Experience says it all....Plus you and I of course get accused of fishing all the good water and leaving nothing but used water for the guy in the back of the boat to fish..... Nothing used when it comes to using a spinnerbait, jig, crank bait.... Still lots of water to fish.....

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Is this normal???

Quote Originally Posted by Sore thumb View Post
    Hey there fellow anglers.
    I have a good friend who goes fishing with me most of the time. The guy gets frustrated because, "I am lucky, and always catch the big one". He joined a bass club and goes tourney fishing quite often, in hopes of changing his luck. Alas, he still throws sea weed on me when I drag in the massive sow. His name is Shawn and wants to know, "is this normal" for one person on the boat using the same techniqe, lure, and presentation can be lucky as his buddie.
    I'm laughing right now because I have a buddy who swears it's because I am in the front of the boat. So I put him up there and not much changes. I also find that funny because almost everytime I fish with somebody else and I'm in the back I do as good or better than they do all day. I contribute it to relaxing and not having to run the big motor, no trolling motor duty JUST FISH. I love it, put me in the back and I am a happy camper. Just do something a little different than the guy in the front. I use to frustrate an old fishing pattern so bad by getting the better of him out of the back he use to make me run the trolling motor as punishment, lol. And no I'm really not that good, I guess it's the smell thing, LOL. Tommy if you are out there I know your cracking up. He actually got mad about it once and layed down in the boat to take a nap. I woke him up by dangling a 3 lb green bass at Barkley over his face and dripping the water on him. Wait, now I know why he never calls me to go anymore, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    I Don't Know If This Happens To Other People, But It Seems I'll Be All Alone And Find A Spot And Just Kill 'em......then As Soon As I Bring Somebody Back To Hit It Again.....nothing! Same Conditions And Everything! I've Gotten To The Point Where I Try Not Tell My Buddies How Good I Did Last Time, Just To Avoid The Disappointment Of Hyping It Up To Only Not Catch Anything! I Think It's A Curse! Weird!
    I thought it only happened to me, LOL.