Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Back from Cumberland today!

I guess I don't need to mention that it was cold! I wore 9 upper layers of clothing and 3 lower layers and topped it off with my Carhart bibbs and coat. I stayed plenty warm. My hands got cold a couple times but nothing major. I launched a the dam and went straight across and started fishing with a silver buddy. After about 2 hours and no bites it was time to change. I was seeing alot of fish suspended from 8-15 feet deep over 35-50 feet of water on the main lake.
    With that being said I switched to a jerk bait pausing for 5-10 seconds between ripping the bait. This produced 2 small Ky's and a smallmouth (about12 inches). Knowing that the fish were suspended and not aggressive I picked up my spinning rod and tied on a FNF. This was my first attempt using this technique. Within 15 minutes I boated a 3 pound smallie. Then went another 2 hours with nothing else. I went from point to point trying to duplicate how I caught the other. But nothing happened. Oh well....All in all it was a great day. I got out for a while, I actually caught fish and I stayed warm.
    When I was trailering the boat at the end of the day, I picked up my Motor-toter, put it in place and trimmed the motor down. I guess my glove was wet because it froze to it and I almost tore my glove getting it off. I didn't see another boat on the water or on the road, coming and going. I did see two other guys pull down to the ramp as I was loading. Thier minnow buckets turned over in their truck. Big white chevy Suburban. Water and Minnows everywhere. I hope their day got better after that.
    Thanks for the encouragement that you guy's posted to me earlier and Tight Lines to all............................................... ...Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Back from Cumberland today!

Went the same time ans caught 2 14 lb stripers.... Good fishin................

Post Thanks / Like

Was out thursday and friday on cumberland, this year the FNF is not working for me, tubes and silver buddys , and the fish were scarse. Friday was the only boat out of grider, and the wind didn't help bobber fishing any.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report.

Post Thanks / Like

you guys are nuts!

Post Thanks / Like

Lucky Man. Thats a decent day for many people. I wish I could have gone. I was busy doing chores at home, watching kids and processing a deer. Today was nice and sunny weather and I thought it felt like a good fishing day (now that deer season is closed).

Post Thanks / Like

An old buddy of mine from college and myself went to C-land the same day. We fished up in Beaver Creek. No luck with jig or jigging spoon. Found some shad suspending in the shade off of a rock wall. We had a nice KY and a 15-inch smallmouth on the FNF. Caught a nice 3 lb. largemouth on a suspending jerkbait. Considering the temps and the bluebird skies, we were pretty happy with the trip!

Post Thanks / Like

What's "FNF"?

Post Thanks / Like

Float and Fly